Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to surprise my dad with tinted for his Altima windows for Christmas. I don't want some "OK" place that throws tint on windows and a couple months later it bubbles up... I want GOOOD tinting. Anywhere in the NYC (tri-state) area that is really good would be considered.

Thank you

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
my brother got his tints done at the shop in front of citi field. the one on the corner next to the highway. his tints were good, no bubbling, for more than a year until a cop pulled him over and said his tints were too dark. i went with my car and they quoted me at $150. but i didnt do mine yet.

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
my brother got his tints done at the shop in front of citi field. the one on the corner next to the highway. his tints were good, no bubbling, for more than a year until a cop pulled him over and said his tints were too dark. i went with my car and they quoted me at $150. but i didnt do mine yet.
Citi Field? That's the home of chop shops lol

I'm not sure that is what I'm looking for, but I may check it out. Thanks for the input

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Citi Field? That's the home of chop shops lol

I'm not sure that is what I'm looking for, but I may check it out. Thanks for the input
yea.. i know. i actually asked them if they put the moleskin since the accords scratch up tints like crazy and the guy didnt know what i was talkin about lol. so you might want to look at another place. just thought i would throw this place out since my bros looked decent. theyre ran by koreans, when i went they were working on a brand new sonata, still with the white protective films and everything. but yea. the place is called stadium auto glass if anyone else is interested. might swing by there when i get some extra money.. that is unless i find another, better place.

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Also, does anyone know if the 2010 Nissan Altima sedan needs moleskin or felt in the channel so the tint doesn't get scratched up? Thanks

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Lorenzo Tint is good, and he said mole skin not needed for Accord. But I'm sure if you insist and pay for it he will install it. Cost more than your $100 tint in the street special though :O

http://www.lorenzotintny.com/
Well, some people say moleskin is needed for the Accords. I'm not sure about the Altima that I am trying to get done. How much is this guy's charge for tint? I want to spend around $150-$200

·
VTAKKKK
1,710 Posts
http://www.classonglasstint.com/

Out in LI (30 minute drive) but definitely worth it. It's going to be about $200 (I paid $160 but we did a sort of group thing) and you get a LIFETIME warranty against, discoloration, bubbling, but not scratches because they will recommend felt. I didn't get felt and my windows are pretty scratched up.

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
http://www.classonglasstint.com/

Out in LI (30 minute drive) but definitely worth it. It's going to be about $200 (I paid $160 but we did a sort of group thing) and you get a LIFETIME warranty against, discoloration, bubbling, but not scratches because they will recommend felt. I didn't get felt and my windows are pretty scratched up.
How much would felt have cost you? I'm not sure if the Altima needs felt or not

·
VTAKKKK
1,710 Posts
Felt was $20 per door.

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Felt was $20 per door.
Damn so overall it would have been $280 for the Accord? Hell no. $200 alltogether is more proper for that. sheesh. If the Altima needs felt, I'm going to go somewhere else.

·
VTAKKKK
1,710 Posts
You can buy the felt and do it yourself. That's what I plan to do for the next time I get my windows tinted.

·
6,322 Posts
Tell the shop your budget. Insist on having the FELT included for the extra layer of protection it provides. I'm sure the shop could use the business this time of year.

·
VTAKKKK
1,710 Posts
Tell the shop your budget. Insist on having the FELT included for the extra layer of protection it provides. I'm sure the shop could use the business this time of year.
Agreed. It's not a large shop, so I'm sure they're willing to wheel and deal.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts