Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Povy > Dreaminaccord
736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well it seems that my lovely time here has come to a tragic end. A few weeks ago during a snow storm my wife was on her way to her clinical session in Joplin and hit a patch of ice and, long story short, totaled old Hoops. We've got her a replacement car for now. I am planning in getting her a TL in July when she graduates. Or possibly a 9th gen sedan or 8th gen coupe. Just so I can stick around and poke at sodaks, z, and Ben. The car was over two hours away so I was unable to salvage/part-out the car. Or else there'd be a nice retro and about $2500 worth of junk I'd be selling. :headbang:

Learned a lot here and am going to miss it. I'll keep the account open just in case. :wink: :wave:

·
Povy > Dreaminaccord
736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yup me too that's really what mattered. For now it's a 2002 audi a6 Quattro. Something awd is really what she needs. Err should I say what would be good for her lol.

·
Fear The Turtle!
1,883 Posts
Damn dude, sorry to hear but glad your wife is fine...I actually had to teach my wife how to drive in the snow to help make her more confident, she was terrified...Unfortunately nothing helps with ice except studded tires...

·
Registered
506 Posts
Don't be a stranger, witty sarcasm is greatly appreciated around here...... by some anyway ;-)

·
Legitimate hack
1,417 Posts
You suck Keith!

Now that I got that out of my system, glad wifey is alright. Shame you couldn't pull stuff off the car but the fact that your wife came out of it mostly unscathed (I'm assuming) is good. As for the AWD thing for the wife, good call. Why do you think my wife drives an RDX? :banana:

·
2006 Accord EX-L i4 4D
229 Posts
Glad your wife is OK!

Sorry to hear about your car . . . I know how much work you put into it. And sorry to see you go. Thanks for all of the help, you'll be missed.

·
Super Moderator
7,849 Posts
Glad the Mrs. is ok.

I wanted to say get winter tires for the Audi, but you are in Texas which traditionally doesn't get much snow? Regardless, it may be worth consideration.

Remember, AWD just gets you stuck deeper further away from home, and it doesn't help you stop any better.

·
I <3 My Honda
3,245 Posts
Just so I can stick around and poke at sodaks, z, and Ben.
Love you bro! :bro hug: :hug: I won't say that I'll miss you, though...we talk almost daily lmao

I wanted to say get winter tires for the Audi, but you are in Texas which traditionally doesn't get much snow? Regardless, it may be worth consideration.
He's actually in Oklahoma lol Unfortunately, TX/OK/AR/TN... all got hit with a huge ice storm like last week - which really stinks because I know their DOTs are not setup like us here in the North. I can vouch for Audi's Quattro though - it is by far the best AWD system I have ever owned. We got 2 feet of snow in < 24 hours back in 2010...and I took my A6 Bi-turbo out just for sheitz & giggles - I was literally the only person on the roads! It was great! :yes:

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
You're always welcome here man. Sorry about the accident.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts