Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

Goodyear Eagle Touring tire issue

5K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  DARKART 
#1 ·
Hello everyone,
I am the owner of MT sport 2.0 and so far the car has been great. The only issue I have been having has been the tires. Since purchasing the car in July I have had to replace a tire twice. Just today my driver side rear tire exploded while pulling out of a gas station. The man who runs the service center there shared with me that because they are low profile tires they are constantly going bad. Is anybody else having this issue with the factory tires ? If so are there any really good replacements that are not crazy expensive? I live in the Northeast and I am afraid I’m going to constantly have to replace my tires.

#2 ·
I know the OEM tires on my last Accord were kinda awful, but that was traction, not integrity. I have the same tires as you now, same car minus a half liter. I've been planning it out what to buy and my top choice by ratings is looking like Continental Pure Contact LS. I've had great luck with continental tires. 3 sets on my 2014 LX over 150k, no failures other than easily repaired punctures. https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Continental&tireModel=PureContact+LS

Reactions: JarrettXgen
#3 ·
Tires don't just explode for no reason. The tires could have not been properly inflated (under inflated or over inflated), suffered internal damage (pothole), or they were being overloading (carrying too much weight).

If you've only had the car since July, see if the warranty will cover you.

#5 ·
Thanks for the reply. Yeah I’m thinking it was a pothole for sure. With the tires being low profile and the rims being big I think it was a recipe for disaster. Ended up having the change two tires because I had a nail stuck in another one. Yesterday just wasn’t my day at all

I know the OEM tires on my last Accord were kinda awful, but that was traction, not integrity. I have the same tires as you now, same car minus a half liter. I've been planning it out what to buy and my top choice by ratings is looking like Continental Pure Contact LS. I've had great luck with continental tires. 3 sets on my 2014 LX over 150k, no failures other than easily repaired punctures. https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Continental&tireModel=PureContact+LS
Thanks for the reply bro. I might consider those in the future. I think ultimately I just need to be super cautious of the potholes in the future. I had a civic before my accord and I never experienced these kinds of problems with potholes. It’s a total pain living in NY

T
Goodyear Eagle Touring tires are just as durable as pretty much any other tire in the same size. You can go up a size to 245/40R19 and get a bit more sidewall. That’s what I did on mine and I’m satisfied. I am running Yokohama ADVAN Sport A/S tires with no complaints whatsoever.
Thanks for the reply bro. I’ll have to add those onto the list of potential replacement tires in the future. I’m hoping I don’t continue running into issues. I’ve already swapped 2 tires from potholes ??‍♂

#4 ·
Goodyear Eagle Touring tires are just as durable as pretty much any other tire in the same size. You can go up a size to 245/40R19 and get a bit more sidewall. That’s what I did on mine and I’m satisfied. I am running Yokohama ADVAN Sport A/S tires with no complaints whatsoever.

#6 ·
Can you upload a picture. Thanks

Hello everyone,
I am the owner of MT sport 2.0 and so far the car has been great. The only issue I have been having has been the tires. Since purchasing the car in July I have had to replace a tire twice. Just today my driver side rear tire exploded while pulling out of a gas station. The man who runs the service center there shared with me that because they are low profile tires they are constantly going bad. Is anybody else having this issue with the factory tires ? If so are there any really good replacements that are not crazy expensive? I live in the Northeast and I am afraid I’m going to constantly have to replace my tires.
I use eagle sports 245/35R20 and I have not had any issues. I have 20k on them.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.