Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got the 2019 Accord Touring last night, and Google Maps on Android Auto is giving me issues. When I search for an address/POI and then click Navigate, it just gives me a spinning circle and it never actually goes into navigation. Maps is the only one giving me this issue as Waze works just fine.

I had a rental car before this, and it worked fine in that. I had the '18 Accord EX-L until about a week ago, and it worked just fine in that too. Anyone else have this issue before and know what's up?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have. 2019 Accord Touring. Pixel 3A. Same exact symptoms.
Work around: while circle spinning, hit "home", push Honda navigation, select a destination (I use "home"), wait till it starts to set up a route, hit "home" button again, return to "Android Auto", hit "retry" again --- google maps will work!
Google/Honda blog notes summer 2019 head end update caused the problem ( a fix MAY be available as of November 2019) - I am looking now.
Problem seems to be limited to vehicles with heads-up displays only.
Good luck!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just got the 2019 Accord Touring last night, and Google Maps on Android Auto is giving me issues. When I search for an address/POI and then click Navigate, it just gives me a spinning circle and it never actually goes into navigation. Maps is the only one giving me this issue as Waze works just fine.

I had a rental car before this, and it worked fine in that. I had the '18 Accord EX-L until about a week ago, and it worked just fine in that too. Anyone else have this issue before and know what's up?
I've got the same issue. Got my 2019 touring last week and had another issue so had to go back to the dealer. Showed a tech the issue and he was not able to help. He called in his leader. I demoed the issue again. I've got the Samsung S10 and I have a Samsung S10 5G (work), both with the same issue. Tried multiple cords to no avail. The lead did take me back to his office to do research. He found an article where google seems to have an answer (as of Nov'19). Since this is my first post, I cannot add a URL so here's an approximation (fill in the .com and slashes as needed): support.google.c androidauto thread 8777069?hl=en

The lead then took a look at the firmwares on the head unit and there is no update available yet. I am hoping the new year will bring a fix along with it.

BTW, One person on that thread says he's found a work around involving kicking off a nav session with the head unit and then plugging in for android auto.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
I don't know if this is related - probably isn't. But a particular behaviour I've noted is:

You leave the house, my phone (iPhone in my case) is still connected to the home WiFi and hasn't switched to LTE (or whatever) yet.

You start up, back out and get going. Ah! set the nav (because we all forget how to get to work the next day). As you get to the point where the WiFi signal has faded the nav sits there waiting. As if the initial setup was via WiFi and it's waiting for info via WiFi, but the phone is now on LTE. IP address has changed...

In my case this happens with Apple Maps (as that's what I use for short trips; I use Google Maps for long trips). Sometimes I have to re-request the nav and then it works.

I've downloaded TomTom which presumably is 100% independent of needing an internet connection but I've yet to try it. For sure, on any long road trip, that's what I will use - not be dependent on cell.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I had the same problem when I first got my Accord. Android Auto would turn on and off repeatedly until I was away from the house. I turned off wifi in settings and the problem went away. The only time I have turned wifi back on was to check for firmware updates.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the same problem with a 2019 touring model and Galaxy S10+ phone. The only reason I bought this model over a Toyota Camry of the same year was the availability of Android Auto. I feel like there is some deceptive advertising going on here. You buy the most expensive Accord available and key features do not work and no one at Honda seems to care.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Everyone experiencing the issue visit the link below for solution.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts