Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
2009 accord ex 4 cylinder
692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
whats up brodas !! thought i would share with ya'll:banana::notworthy
well as you all know ive installed a complete stereo system upgrade on my 09 accord sedan ex
my sub box was too big so i changed it for a single 10" ported box and it fits perfectly !

one question for all the audio experts what will be the best settings on my amplifiers ? one 4 channel and one mono , i have:
front components - 100 rms @ 4ohm
2 rear coaxials 60 rms each @ 4ohm
1 10' sub 500 rms @ 1ohm
stock head unit using LC6i line out converter , thanks

·
Registered
11 Posts
yeah I would run a 400x4 to the front and a single ten maybe a 500x1 to the sub. I hate the way the did the trunks in the 8th gen. I have a single 154 in a sealed enclose because of the problem you had with the fitment of a 2 12 box. Unless you get a sutom box made for the trunk you are kinda limited on what you can do and still have useable trunk space.

·
692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I totally agree brother

·
Banned
438 Posts
Very nice, 1 10 sub is enough base.
I have the same set up in my coupe.
Kicker is a solid company.
Good luck.

·
692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks bro yeah this is more thank enough for me whats your gains set up?

·
Registered
11 Posts
for your gains you should bring it to a shop and let them set it up with a dd-1 or have them use a oscilloscope and let them set it to the max before distortion and than you can use a bass nob to turn it up or down from inside the cabin. Also make sure they set up your crossover when you get this done. You will be very pleased with the results.

·
692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the info

·
The Scratcher
667 Posts
Don't know if you tried it yet, but face the subwoofers to the front of the car.

A subwoofer on our car facing backwards sounds like shit :X

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Subwoofers should always be fired backwards. Pushing the speaker against the rear seat will do you no favors with regard to output.

·
692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks

·
The Scratcher
667 Posts
Subwoofers should always be fired backwards. Pushing the speaker against the rear seat will do you no favors with regard to output.
That is not what I meant doom, what I meant is to push it towards the rear of the car facing the rear seat, doing the opposite for me makes it sound tinny and harsh.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.