Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Sosi baklazhani bydlo
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i was bored one day and decided to give Morimoto H1 a try. I had to build a custom harness because i didnt want to splice into my oem high beams so pretty much plug and play.

Painted the lights using semi-gloss engine enamel with 2 coats of clear coat for protection. Work and weather made painting difficult but the end result is nice. 2 bumper removals later im pretty happy with these while i work on my other set.

These kick TSX ass up and down the street, if FX-R was so bulky and labor intensive i would build those. These are in the middle and you cant beat them for the price and their ability once the shield is spaced and modified.

Enjoy the pics:thumbsup:

·
Registered
737 Posts
Neat. Very neat. Beautiful. Well done :yes:.

·
Keepin' It R-E-A-L...!!!
5,667 Posts
Nice job! :thmsup:

I wish I had projector headlamps in my Accord... :blush:

·
2007 Honda Accord SE
407 Posts
Did you sand the chrome bezel when you painted with semi-gloss ? This is one of my worries, no where did i really see people sand it but will the paint stick well with only a few light coats ?

·
Sosi baklazhani bydlo
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Getting the semi-gloss to stick is not a fun job. I had to wetsand multiple times, re-apply coats, sand coats. The semi-gloss likes rippling up if your in the wrong conditions and it hates clear coat with a passion. The end result of my hardships is the beautiful shine in the sunlight and the darkness in the shade. If you have the nerves and time to mess with it, it definitely beats the shit out of flat black. I parked my car next to my friend with depos and these just jump out at you.

I switch between things quickly. Im already looking into building another set using FX-R or modded RX330 and using GLOSS paint haha. :banana:

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
wait didnt you have the inspire headlights?

·
Sosi baklazhani bydlo
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes, still do. Im also working on projectors for my inspire foggies.

·
'06 Coupe EX V6/6MT
1,603 Posts
The MH1's are very impressive - agreed. The FXR's are a lot more challenging to mount in the 7gens, but are still among my favorite projectors. You have to cut away a pretty decent chunk of the reflector, but its definitely worth the effort.

Nice job :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts