Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
2009 accord ex 4 cylinder
692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
whats up brothers
just noticed that at night some bulbs dont light up, they are burned, can I replace them or do I have to get an entire dashboard ? Thanks

·
Wisdom Born of Age
1,750 Posts
whats up brothers
just noticed that at night some bulbs dont light up, they are burned, can I replace them or do I have to get an entire dashboard ? Thanks
Renzo, I have a replacement control unit with bulbs. PM me for price

·
692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It is weird since in my service manual its on page 21-181 there are no more pages lol

·
2010 Honda Accord EX
606 Posts
Good info. While my bulbs all work, I don't care for the fact the climate control bulbs are green, while the radio and surrounding bulbs are white. I have played with the idea of replacing the bulbs with variable color LEDs, but honestly I have not gone beyond the thoughts of "that would be cool". :)

Scott C.

·
692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah u right bro

·
Wisdom Born of Age
1,750 Posts
I have the same issue with my 2011 LX-P. Would you mind me asking how you replaced the bulbs (dash removal and finding bulbs)?
You have to remove the radio, it's a PITA, but not hard

·
Honda Nation
1,678 Posts
To get the climate control out, you must first remove the gear shift handle and center console. The screws to the radio/climate control unit are under the radio after you remove the center console.

I've done it because I had to replace one bulb already, and now another one is burned out. I think I'm gonna just replace the rest of them while it's apart.

If I could change the LEDs on the instrument cluster, I'd change everything to soft red or orange, ala BMW. But to only have that on the climate control would look ridiculous.

·
Registered
437 Posts
those same exact ones burnt out on me too :(. Bump to this thread!

·
Registered
1,591 Posts

·
Car so nice, bought twice
4,057 Posts
Link works for me. I can mirror it to google drive if I need to.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Mine stopped working shortly after I bought the car (which was used at the time ~60k miles). I found that if I tapped the unit below/above the affected lights just right, sometimes they would come back on. Then, eventually, the problem just went away. It's been nearly 2 years now and the lights all still work.

Something similar happened with the odometer cluster on our 2002 Accord. Those lights didn't work for ~2 years and then on a road trip to Vegas they started working again. Also still fine and that was about 4 years ago.

All I'm saying: give it some time and maybe it will fix itself. It was certainly easier than tearing apart the dash on either car.

·
@milmast
957 Posts
...I found that if I tapped the unit below/above the affected lights just right, sometimes they would come back on. Then, eventually, the problem just went away.
I can say i have the same problem, same lights burned out, and this does help. I would love to replace them and not have to stop hitting it as a solution. Hitting it is more of a GM way of fixing stuff. :lmao:

·
Wisdom Born of Age
1,750 Posts
Reactions: ShieldHero

·
Registered
190 Posts
I can say i have the same problem, same lights burned out, and this does help. I would love to replace them and not have to stop hitting it as a solution. Hitting it is more of a GM way of fixing stuff. :lmao:
I would agree except they've been working for about 15 months without any 'hitting'/tapping.

·
Wisdom Born of Age
1,750 Posts
1 - 20 of 30 Posts