Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
i-VTEC, do you?
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yep, a young girl in a Toyota Sienna hit my car while it was parked at my house. Which is funny because I literally park on an island away from everyone else, so she really wasn't paying attention. Major props to my Mom who coincidentally just had arrived home and saw the entire thing (I was inside my house at the time). Luckily the damage is pretty minimal. Looking at the car from the side, you'd be hard pressed to find the damage, but upon close inspection you begin to see quite a bit of deep scratches. So I thought that I could remove them with some polish and elbow grease, but then next morning I could tell by looking that polish wasn't going to fix this. I took the car in to get an estimate and after surveying the damage she told me that the entire rear bumper would have to be repainted, as well as the quarter panel which has the deepest scratch. The total repair would be around $960, and take 3-4 days! I'm so glad that I don't have to pay for this. I wonder what kind of rental I'll get? O well, here's a pic of the damage. I took this pic at night so I had to use flash, but the light ended up hiding the largest scratch on the quarter panel. The worse thing about the hole thing is I now have to put my rear HFP lip on hold!

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
rub out those swirls too :)

·
Coldspeed
1,101 Posts
Well it's good that you wont have to pay for it! If possible get that HFP lip like you were talking about!

You might be able to remove the scuffs using a DA polisher with some heavier polishing compound, but if they're gonna pay for a new bumper, why not. :)

·
i-VTEC, do you?
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
rub out those swirls too :)
Haha, yeah. I was actually going to give it a full paint correction (or at least as close to full as possible) this weekend in prepartion for the winter, but o well. At least when I get it back I'll know the bumper and quarter panel are swirl free! Less work for me. :thmsup:

·
subtract 261000 miles to get engine mileage
17,447 Posts
did the girl try to drive off?

·
Registered
388 Posts
At least you still didn't have the rear lip on when she hit you.

·
i-VTEC, do you?
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
did the girl try to drive off?
She said she wasn't, but If my Mom wasn't there I imagine she wouldn't of stuck around.

UPDATE: Everything went smoothly with the insurance claim and I'm dropping her off on Monday and picking up a rental. The shop said it's going to take 3-4 days for the repairs to be completed, so I should have her back on Friday. Crossing my fingers for a decent rental, hopefully something with some balls! :D

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
damn.. ****s man. i got hit like that too, but not as bad. guy pulled out and i guess made contact with my rear bumper on the left side. theres still some white scratches even after i tried some megs ultimate compound. but luckily its not that noticeable until up close.. good luck with the repairs and rental man haha

1 - 9 of 9 Posts