Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i've been burning a quart every 1500 miles and i did the oil consumption test with my dealer. I brought it in the for 1k check, it burned half a quart and my dealer decided to replace my Pistons under Hondas Extended Warranty for the oil consumption issue,which is up to 125K or 8 years, my car currently has 112k.

Here's a picture of my engine exposed at my Dealer, the tech said he never seen a cleaner engine at the dealership told him i used Pennzoil platinum for all my OCI.

Attachments

·
Registered
620 Posts
That's wild. I didn't know Honda did this at your mileage. Good for you.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was surprised too that they covered it but it needed to be done.

·
2015 Accord Touring I4
2,120 Posts
Cool I wish I had a chance to look when they did mine. Congrats.

Reactions: Planeboy585

·
Moogle!
496 Posts
I'm sadly at 128k and I need this done :( I scheduled an appointment to ask if they will try to have it covered.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm sadly at 128k and I need this done :( I scheduled an appointment to ask if they will try to have it covered.
I'm sure your dealer will try to work something out with honda america good luck.

·
Banned
14,429 Posts
@planeboy: I may have missed it, but would you please be so kind as to elaborate on the discussion or process on how you had a successful outcome?

e.g. Did you have to fight? Speak softly? Show statistics? Are you a multiple Honda owner all from that dealer? Cousins with the manager?

Any info to help the next guy please?

·
port & polish everything
1,675 Posts
it looks like the original piston had some anti friction coating on the skirt that wore through

·
Registered
33 Posts
I could be wrong but a friend told me they changed the oil burning issue coverage to 150k. I would definitely call your honda dealer and find out but that's what I last heard please don't take my word for it lol

·
Yes, I'm a girl.
1,649 Posts
I called my local dealer and it's 125k or 8 years which ever comes first for oil burning issue
I'd ask to see a print out of the extended warranty for oil consumption for your VIN. I've never seen one with a mileage restriction. It should be 8 years from the original in service date with no mileage restriction at all.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
@planeboy: I may have missed it, but would you please be so kind as to elaborate on the discussion or process on how you had a successful outcome?

e.g. Did you have to fight? Speak softly? Show statistics? Are you a multiple Honda owner all from that dealer? Cousins with the manager?

Any info to help the next guy please?
I don't have any relatives or friends that are associated with Honda or any Honda dealership i was just polite for the most part, This was my second Consumption test the first one didn't really work out because honda simply said my car had too many miles, so they declined any good will service. This was back in 2014 after i found out that Honda extended the warranty,i called my service advisor to confirm about the warranty, he had me come in and do another consumption test. I came in for the first check at 800 miles and the tech approved the repair my service advisor and tech were really helpful and knew my frustration both agreed that a engine shouldn't burn any oil.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
it looks like the original piston had some anti friction coating on the skirt that wore through
Not sure if the engine was previously worked on.

·
Low Gear
2,935 Posts
Did they ask for prior service history? Are you a DIY guy, such as oil change, etc?

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Did they ask for prior service history? Are you a DIY guy, such as oil change, etc?
I'm a DIY guy they didn't ask for a service history.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts