Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so yea i got everything installed at a shop for 60$ and takeda didnt include 2 of the band clamps so they had to improvise. i will post a video of me revving the car later when i find someone to hold the phone.

Before

After

Video

Let me know if you guys want to see something specific. :banana:

·
乌龙队
53 Posts
Nicely done! Be careful when recording and driving though, haha!

What was the price you got the exhaust for? I've been sitting here waiting for the price to drop but all the prices I have seen so far are around $750.

·
Four Doors/Two Pedals
2020 Honda Accord Sport 2.0T 10AT
1,172 Posts
How's the performance?

Any noticeable difference in acceleration?

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Nicely done! Be careful when recording and driving though, haha!

What was the price you got the exhaust for? I've been sitting here waiting for the price to drop but all the prices I have seen so far are around $750.
Yea I said screw it and just got it even with the high price tag. ^^^ price is on that link up there. Its like 789 or something like that

·
Registered
401 Posts
Thanks for posting these videos. I have been wanting to get more sound clips of this exhaust before I bought one. So I would guess you are pretty pleased with it?

·
Registered
401 Posts
I would second for sound outside the car driving away and reving while sitting still.

The V6 is out there but no real owners with the 4 cylinder with it.

Thanks for posting!

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks for posting these videos. I have been wanting to get more sound clips of this exhaust before I bought one. So I would guess you are pretty pleased with it?
Yes I am pleased with it and I will definitely do a video tomorrow driving away and revving while its still all that good stuff :)

·
Registered
901 Posts
I don't understand...why buy a 4 banger and drop $800 on an exhaust cash out of pocket when you could have bought the V6 for $1,500 more financed ($25pm) or put the $800 extra down for an increased payment of $12-$15pm? Seems like a much better investment for the extra power + it'll translate to resale value. I doubt you'd get a penny back and would venture a guess it'll be tougher to sell. If I saw a car with the upgraded exhaust I'd think the guy was a ricer beating on his car and would walk away quickly, but that's just MO.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I don't understand...why buy a 4 banger and drop $800 on an exhaust cash out of pocket when you could have bought the V6 for $1,500 more financed ($25pm) or put the $800 extra down for an increased payment of $12-$15pm? Seems like a much better investment for the extra power + it'll translate to resale value. I doubt you'd get a penny back and would venture a guess it'll be tougher to sell. If I saw a car with the upgraded exhaust I'd think the guy was a ricer beating on his car and would walk away quickly, but that's just MO.

Everything im putting on this car is just for looks and sound. I dont plan on selling the car this will actually be my daily driver for work and back and I wanted the fuel economy of a 4cyl. Within the next year im planning on buying an infiniti Q50 as my weekend fun drives

·
Four Doors/Two Pedals
2020 Honda Accord Sport 2.0T 10AT
1,172 Posts
I don't understand...why buy a 4 banger and drop $800 on an exhaust cash out of pocket when you could have bought the V6 for $1,500 more financed ($25pm) or put the $800 extra down for an increased payment of $12-$15pm?
The I4 is lighter up front and handles better. It is a less complicated engine and has plenty enough power.

Adding the dual exhaust might seem extravagant, but if it balances out the look of the rear-end, enhances the exhaust note, and adds a little extra kick, then I'd say that might be worth a few hundred bucks.

It certainly makes more sense than paying hundreds for spoilers that do absolutely nothing.

Honda's I4 engines, in my opinion, are often very much under-rated, except by the experts, of course.

Besides, an I4 is the only Accord sedan that offers a 6MT, which to me is paramount.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts