Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, first I want to thank the forums members for all your help..Thanks to you and the search function, i was able to use bondo to fix my dents/holes on my new car. I filled it in so that it has restored the shape of the body...

I got touch up paint at the dealership for polished metal metallic... but when I used it to touch up the larger areas, the strokes of the paint from the brush show up..

then, i sanded it smooth, but after sanding the paint, the paint comes out a lighter metallic color which totally stands out from the rest of the body.

I'm confident that I can make the touched up areas "disappear" but I think it can only be accomplished with a spray can..

my question: does anyone know where to buy our OEM colors in spray can versions? my local dealership only has the small pen touch ups. Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
10,064 Posts
One reason it's difficult to match metallic paint is how the metallic flakes are held in the paint as the paint dries, different pressure in the spray gun or can, or in this case a touch up with a brush, can and will cause the metallic particles to orient differently and hence look different than the area around it which were factory painted.

·
Registered
308 Posts
If you must ...
www.Paintworldinc.com has spray cans in your color for about $24
it can be covered with dupont Acrylic clear (A-74805) $16.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Perhaps I have a special situation, but I live in a place where people throw garbage out their car windows, and trash their front yard, and yes, have a lack of respect for other people's cars, so they open the door and cause dents. I've only had the car 6 months barely and have several dents from parking the place where I work.

I'm not going to take it to the shop because here's a scenario that will happen. I take it to the shop, spent a thousand or so bucks to make it pristine..a week later, bam! another dent. and I'm not talking about dimples, I'm talking dents made so hard that the paint is getting chipped off. maybe a live around a bunch of haters???

I'm going to go with the link and buy OEM spray paint and try my hand there.. thank you for posting the link.

·
Banned
578 Posts
One reason it's difficult to match metallic paint is how the metallic flakes are held in the paint as the paint dries, different pressure in the spray gun or can, or in this case a touch up with a brush, can and will cause the metallic particles to orient differently and hence look different than the area around it which were factory painted.
Bingo.

That said, I have bought custom mixed spray cans from these guys (see link below) many times (but not for the accord) to paint items like wheels and bolt on stuff (clear bug sheilds for example). The match is good, but everything Avio hits on is 100% true.

http://www.match-it.net/

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
Perhaps I have a special situation, but I live in a place where people throw garbage out their car windows, and trash their front yard, and yes, have a lack of respect for other people's cars, so they open the door and cause dents. I've only had the car 6 months barely and have several dents from parking the place where I work.
sounds like a pretty bad place! lol

1 - 10 of 10 Posts