Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Sport is about 18 months old and for about the first 12 months of ownership the inside of windshield was continually coated with a heavy greasy blue film that had to be cleaned off every 2 weeks. No oil leaks or other issues that I know of that could have caused it and I finally put it down to outgassing from the new plastic, probably made worse by living in our 115 degree Arizona summers. It has finally stopped, and the windshield stays clean now.

Anyone else notice something similar, is it common with Hondas ? or does my Sport just have really bad gas :smile.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My '14 Accord doesn't need the windshield to be cleaned avery 2 weeks bt once every two month so far. It is by far one of the worst new cars regarding plastics outgassing I have experienced. I also noticed a grease like film where the side window meet the seals. I wonder if Honda applied a lube to prevent the windows from sticking when you move them up and down. Anyone else have that issue?

·
Car so nice, bought twice
4,708 Posts
My car has this problem. It's the plastics.

Weird things have happened to my door window rubber...basically turned a streaky white. I'm not sure if it's the heat or somehow the Invisible Glass spray I use to occasionally clean the class.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts