Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was on the fence for a while trying to decide if the accessory grille was worth going for. Finding a really good before and after photo from the same angle (and not too close up) was difficult so I figured I'd post my results for those who are on the fence can decide. The garnish is the black chrome one (sometimes it's hard to tell it's actually black). Love the results and glad I did it.

Attachments

·
Banned
369 Posts
SOOOOO much better!

Great pictures. And a stunning improvement, @njbossfan!

How long did it take?

·
Registered
80 Posts
Looks really good with the grey. Excellent addition!!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited by Moderator)
SOOOOO much better!

Great pictures. And a stunning improvement, @njbossfan!

How long did it take?
Actually bad phrasing on my part when I said I was glad I did it. Should’ve said glad I had it done. The dealer service dept. did the install for free due to a screw up on another accessory I’ve posted about...so couldn’t resist.

Good deal and it looks like we are twins sort of lol.
That’s quite a shine on your car...did you wax or polish it or is that straight from the dealer?

·
Registered
78 Posts
Reviving a very old thread, but would like an answer if someone can help.

This looks really good changing the chrome to black. Anybody else done this with oem parts?

To do this, do we just buy the black chrome garnish piece (08F21-TVA-100B) that retails for $50?

Or do we have to buy the main piece (08F21-TVA-100) and the black chrome garnish piece (08F21-TVA-100B)?

I ask because I thought all grills on all trim levels are the same and so all we need to change it to buy the black chrome piece (08F21-TVA-100B).

Someone please help provide some more light if you can.

Black Grille : 08F21-TVA-100

Black Chrome Grille Accent : 08F21-TVA-100B

·
Registered
7 Posts
It’s 2 pieces. That’s not the grill from factory. It’s an oem replacement. You have to buy both. Unless you get it with the black garnish already on it.

·
Registered
78 Posts
It’s 2 pieces. That’s not the grill from factory. It’s an oem replacement. You have to buy both. Unless you get it with the black garnish already on it.
Thanks for that info.

How different is this oem replacement from the factory black chrome that I hear comes on the Sports trim? Is this darker or better black than the dark or black one that comes on the Sport trim?

Taking the bumper off to change this piece looks like a lot of work. I wish it was easy to change this piece.

·
Registered
7 Posts
The black chrome is really like a shade gold or bronze.

Here's a link to installation video

I think there's a couple more install vids around but this is the only 1 that popped up on my searches to provide you with the link.

I believe these are aftermarket eBay grilles.

i just ordered this one. For 2018-2020 10th Gen Honda Accord Sedan JDM Sport Style Grille Glossy Black | eBay
I will post a pic of finished product when it's done. Having it done by local body shop that owes me a favor.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts