Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

Grille Vinyl Wrap anyone?

10K views 14 replies 10 participants last post by  InTopGear 
#1 ·
I'm looking to vinyl wrap my grille since I do not like the look of plasti dip. Who here has their grille wrapped?

Few options I am considering:
-Gloss metallic black wrap to try and get as close to the paint color as possible
-Using tail light tint film to get a dark chrome look
-3M Gloss anthracite for a nice contrast (attached a pic of how it looks w/black paint)

I have a Crystal black pearl sport sedan. Any thoughts?

Attachments

See less See more
#7 ·
i got the grille vinyl wrapped probably the day after i got the car. This is an old pic, i eventually blacked out the horizontal lines and the lower trim as well. Ill post a pic sometime when i get a chance to upload it. Btw, care to share about the quad tips???:thmsup:

Attachments

#10 ·
on2, thanks for sharing I am definitely liking the look of the grey. In your post it says you used a matte finish vinyl but it doesn't appear that way in your photos. I may go for the glossy anthracite.

How does the gloss black vinyl compare to the paint color in person? Oh and the quad tips are not mine, pulled that picture from google to show the gloss anthracite vinyl.

#12 ·
Decided to go with the gloss anthracite. I'll be wrapping the grille and lower trim pieces, possibly the back strip that leads to the lights.

Still trying to decide about the horizontal bars on the grille, I'll either do them in black or if I have enough vinyl left I may try them in anthracite.

#14 ·
that gloss black vinyl looks great next to the black paint, really cant tell the difference unless you are really looking for it

#15 ·
If anyone has any tips on wrapping the grille they would be greatly appreciated. I expect to attempt it over the weekend. I'll be wrapping the bottom chrome strip on the front bumper first for practice.

Also, anyone know about instructions on disassembling the front bumper?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.