Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have searched high and low both here and Google to no avail. One post got me all excited talking about pictures of where exactly to ground but turns out the pics were sent directly to the OP of the topic instead of in the reply posting. :(

I am trying to locate a location to properly ground my hard wire install that I've installed via "add-a-line" to the fuse box under steering column. I honestly thought grounding it would be the easiest part but i've been searching for a week now and I'm seriously considering returning my device altogether. Help?! :dunno:

·
Registered
595 Posts
Grounding is the easiest part. Right by your right foot, when sitting in the driver's seat, there is a little trianglar piece that is held on by a screw clip in the corner, take the screw out and then the panel off, then there is a nice fat bolt in which you can put your ground behind that. So obviously loosen it and then re tighten it, just run the wire behind the pedals, tuck it in behind the carpet, it is simple, You might need to extend your wire.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
PDF is for 2002 DX/LX, will my 2003 EX-L w/NAVI (factory installed security system) have same setup as in step 11 ?

·
2006 I4 MT
1,676 Posts
Its the same for an '06 coupe, I just installed the alarm a few days ago so it will work on yours. The bolt is 10mm.

·
Registered
415 Posts
where did you install the item you are trying to power ?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
it worked!

Finally got some time to finish up & grounded it to the bolt right behind the hood release. I would have never known it was there had it not been for the PDF from 2006accord4-thx man!! :thmsup:

·
2016 Nissan Maxima Platnm
3,499 Posts
Surprised you had trouble finding a place for a ground. Anywhere there is bare metal is a good ground. The rear mounting bolts for the stereo attach to the unpainted metal portion of the frame of the vehicle.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts