40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to swap out the stock LEDs in the gauges with blue ones
does anyone know but what type of LEDs they are
has anyone done a DIY

·
Registered
93 Posts
someone in this forum already did that by insert a blue film btw the gauge and the led , so the gauge turn blue

·
2016 Nissan Maxima Platnm
4,574 Posts
This has been discussed before. Use the search option, from what I understand, they are not LEDs. The only way to do it is by the suggestion above, with a blue film.

·
Super Moderator
10,064 Posts
The cluster lighting is provided by LEDs, however it's not just a few, there are a ring of many LEDs on a circuit board behind a diffuser when I took apart the cluster just enough to see them, it will be a fair bit of de-soldering to get all the LED's out to change them to a different color.

·
Registered
144 Posts
you could check V6P.net. I believe there are threads relating to this. There could even be a DIY, can't remember. I does seem like a monster project. Have to remove part of dash, gauges,etc. potential for bad luck issues could be high. Give it a try. Nothing ventured................

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
reviving a old thread so i recently did a led swap on my truck and had a bunch of leds left over so i figured i would open the gauges to see if they were the same type of bulbs and they were i used (16) plcc-2 smd leds on the accord came out nice

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Has anybody ever used the Odyssey cluster??

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Is the millage held in the cluster or on the cars ECU?

·
Registered
163 Posts
Is the millage held in the cluster or on the cars ECU?
the Mileage is stored in two places, the ECU and a memory bank elsewhere in the car...

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
So switching the cluster will keep your millage accurate?

·
2008 Honda Accord V6 EX-L
912 Posts
Hey what color smd did you get? and does the dimming function still work?

·
Registered
163 Posts
Hey what color smd did you get? and does the dimming function still work?
I stand corrected, the ECU keeps a track of the mileage but the cluster does not. If you change the cluster i think there is a form or some info you have to register to let the vehicle registry know that your cluster reads different from the actual mileage so that if you sell your car you dont get in trouble for false mileage.

·
Registered
33 Posts
The white cluster with the blue needle is exactly what I was trying to figure out how to do. So the 06-07 clusters are interchangeable? I have an 04 lx coupe.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts