Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Silver '07 Accord SE
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Once I get my front rotors replaced, i'm planning on taking the plunge and order new rims for my sedan. My friend said I should get the gunmetal version of the below wheels, saying it would play well with the roof rack and make the car look more sporty. I was going to go with the silver, but I do agree it would look more stock, but ultimately, I want everything to look nicely together, and not too out there. Opinions?

Silver and gunmetal:

Attachments

·
Silver '07 Accord SE
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That's a good idea, didn't think about putting up a poll. But, I was going to do the 17s because if i ran 18s, I don't think i would like the ride as much. So gunmetal seems like the winner so far, how about some opinions on the choice of wheel? Thanks

·
BRWNFLSH now
6,723 Posts
Not bad looking wheels at all, and easy to clean compared to most. Gunmetal would be my choice too. It seems to go with any color. A Silver car, with Silver wheels sounds like too much Silver.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
I used to have silver and hated them after a while because they would show dirt/brake dust. I now have the gun metal and love them as they can get pretty dirty and not show it.

·
Fear The Turtle!
1,883 Posts
Gunmetal...

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Another vote for Gunmetal, here.

·
Silver '07 Accord SE
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks for your opinions everyone, much appreciated! :thmsup: I'll probably go with the gunmetal ones, interestingly enough, they are cheaper than the silver ones, but a lb heavier, so that's probably why. But i'm going to stick with the 17in rim since this is my daily driver, and PA doesn't have the best roads, and I want something that would be fine in the snow, so I feel this is a good choice. I'll post pics up once I get them in and installed!

·
Fear The Turtle!
1,883 Posts
those look like hyper-silver, not gunmetal. :dunno:
I believe the color is called Hyper Silver...and they appear lighter in the picture than they look in person...Its a little lighter than gunmetal with a lot more of reflective finish rather than just looking glossy...

·
Registered
323 Posts
I prefer silver looks cleaner. As someone stated, get gunmetal because it hides dirt better which means your wheels will always looks dirty if its gunmetal. Go silver unless you want brake dusted wheels even when they are clean.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.