Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
They're for a 2010 4 Cyl Coupe. Mainly ride comfort is my main concern. Any thoughts???

Had S.techs on my old G35c and rode amazing for 6yrs! My older bro had H&R's on his C series Benz and it rode crazy good too. I just can't decide.

Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
5,552 Posts
Can't go wrong with either one. I've had both (on different cars). They were both great and I am not biased towards either one. It would come down to pirce for me. :)

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok Cool. Think I'm gonna go with the H&R's. Is $226 shipped for the H&R's a good price??

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ordered the H&R's! And I think I got someone to install it for only $100! Yessssssss! Wheels next!

Thanks guys!

·
Registered
268 Posts
Do we have coilovers up front? Feel stupid for asking I just haven't taken the time to get under the car yet. If not you should save some cash and do it yourself.

·
Registered
268 Posts
So the shock is mounted on the strut like a coilover application? I'll have to get under there and look at whats up one of these days, tough at school though.

·
Premium Member
5,552 Posts
I feel like its not a simple to change then, dont you need a spring compressor or something similar?
I've done them with and without a spring compressor. Spring compressors can be rented for around $20. It's a little scary taking the OEM springs apart without a spring compressor, but they won't "bounce" that much. Aftermarket springs are shorter and it will be easier to reassemble the unit.

·
cleancut
349 Posts
how easy is it to reassemble back to the stock setup, can you do it without a spring compressor?

I have S techs on my 05 coupe 4cyl and rides almost better than stock! Have had them for 30,000 miles and about to switch back to stock to sell the car. How much can you get for used springs, do people buy them?

·
Registered
105 Posts
I've done them with and without a spring compressor. Spring compressors can be rented for around $20. It's a little scary taking the OEM springs apart without a spring compressor, but they won't "bounce" that much. Aftermarket springs are shorter and it will be easier to reassemble the unit.

Please use a spring compressor when taking apart OEM shocks!!! There is an enourmous amount of power stored in a compressed spring. Is $20 worth your life?:dunno:

·
Premium Member
5,552 Posts
Please use a spring compressor when taking apart OEM shocks!!! There is an enourmous amount of power stored in a compressed spring. Is $20 worth your life?:dunno:
Thanks mom. I'm 5'11", 225lbs and I'm not fat. :thmsup:

·
Registered
1 Posts
im a noob here. i have a question... were you supposed to choose either coilovers or lowering springs when it comes to lower your car? i see u have Megan EZ Coilovers and now you are interested in getting springs? sorry for asking this kind of question. i am new to all these stuffs

·
Registered
325 Posts
You'll need the spring compressor to take them apart. Generally a spring compressor isn't necessary to install the lowering springs once the assembly is apart because the lowering springs are shorter. O'Reilly has a tool lending program, or sometimes you can just take your stuff to a shop and pay them a modest fee to take it apart for you and then you can do the rest of the work. Just whatever works for you, but stay safe. If you use a spring compressor at home I think you'll find you need an impact wrench because the level of effort on the stock springs gets pretty high.

·
Registered
28 Posts
where's the best place to buy H&R's?

debating doing this to mine

1 - 19 of 19 Posts