Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Hi guys ,,

I have 2013 accord sedan I4 and i installed H&R springs part no 51846

as i have been told by our dealer in my country 51846 also compatible with I4 accords which all are same ..

The issue i have is almost crazy and made everyone confused at all .

the springs coils touch each other which making noise for me while am driving and i have to lubricate the coil springs to get rid of this sound .. here is some photos i wanna shared with you guys ..

am not sure if this normal with everyone had installed 51846 kit :dunno:

2- seconed issue,, my rear lowred is more than the front !! which also make me crazy as well :dunno:

here are some photos for my car lowred Front and Rear ...

i have been contact with H&R company and they request my OEM coil springs to test again for any manufacture problems ..

so guys any idea what is the problem ? installtion is 100% and there is no mistake i have been checked that many times

is there is anything missing or need to be done or what is your idea about this story

H&R is intersting and i have been contact with them and today i shipped my OEM springs to them.

EDIT....

Problem solved.

Solution: http://www.driveaccord.net/forums/showpost.php?p=2074529&postcount=41

·
PLATINUM PLAYER
82 Posts
time to tear it back apart and start over

might find something wrong

·
PLATINUM PLAYER
82 Posts
the coils touching is normal

I think the factory coils touch, correct?

·
9th Gen Coupe
825 Posts
Factory coils don't touch
On the lowering springs, only the rear should have coils that touch.

I'm 100% sure they installed incorrectly.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
the coils touching is normal

I think the factory coils touch, correct?
The factory coils never touch i drive my car almost 7 k mile without any problem or touching coils. But since i install H&R springs it touch and make my driving nightmare .. Plus that the lowering is extremely bad. Its more lowered in the rear.

I don't know why ? No customer will accept that all

Factory coils don't touch
On the lowering springs, only the rear should have coils that touch.

I'm 100% sure they installed incorrectly.
DRK

i was saying that before but i re-install the springs 2 times and even you cant fix them incorrectly .. the front diameter is bigger than the rear and no way to fix them up/down incorrect ..

weired story :dunno:

i cant drive my car anyway now its had a coil problem and ugly lowring as well

·
9th Gen Coupe
825 Posts
Maybe you need to contact H&R for a replacement

Maybe during the cold work the coils did not anneal properly.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Anyone have an idea about Eibach springs part no and how is the lowring in 9th accord ?

am thinking to order another set at the moment

·
Registered
234 Posts
H&R website shows kit 51846 is for the V6, 51845 is for the I4. Looks like you have the wrong one. That would explain why the front isn't as low as the rear.

·
Registered
148 Posts
It's normal. this happens with progressive rate springs.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
H&R website shows kit 51846 is for the V6, 51845 is for the I4. Looks like you have the wrong one. That would explain why the front isn't as low as the rear.
that is not the problem at all .. 51846 and 51845 is the same lowring.
even that the rear lowred like 10 guys setting on the back seat.

this is not the issue at all something wrong i cant even know what is it.

It's normal. this happens with progressive rate springs.
:dunno:

·
Registered
234 Posts
Yes, same lowering, but for two different cars. I would think that the two kits would have different spring rates due to the fact that the V6 is so much heavier. Why else would there be two different part numbers? That would explain why the front didn't get lowered as much.

***edit***

The V6 weighs roughly as much as 450 pounds more, depending on transmission option.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yes, same lowering, but for two different cars. I would think that the two kits would have different spring rates due to the fact that the V6 is so much heavier. Why else would there be two different part numbers? That would explain why the front didn't get lowered as much.
you are right .. i have I4 engine which is lighter than V6 and i have coils touching.

imagine my car is V6 and its more heavier can i drive the car with V6 load with the same springs i have now ???????????????????

the coils will stick not touch ..

·
Registered
234 Posts
I don't know:dunno: I'm just trying to offer an explanation. I hope you get your problem solved.

·
9th Gen Coupe
825 Posts
I have a V6 with H&R springs, the coils do not touch. If they are touching the only reasons are that they are installed incorrectly or there was an error in manufacturing.

The only coils that should touch are the dead coils, but they're only on the rear, and they touch even at rest not just under load.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Good to hear, as I really am interested in this thread. I just ordered these springs for my V6 coupe before the weekend. They should be here by the end of the week, but I don't know when I'll have time to install them, as I'll be very busy next weekend.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Hi guys ,,

I have 2013 accord sedan I4 and i installed H&R springs part no 51846
i have been contact with H&R company and they request my OEM coil springs to test again for any manufacture problems ..
H&R is intersting and i have been contact with them and today i shipped my OEM springs to them
I'm amazed they want you to send them your original springs just so they can test them.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I don't know:dunno: I'm just trying to offer an explanation. I hope you get your problem solved.
thank you dear i am really intersting about it :yes:

I have a V6 with H&R springs, the coils do not touch. If they are touching the only reasons are that they are installed incorrectly or there was an error in manufacturing.
The only coils that should touch are the dead coils, but they're only on the rear, and they touch even at rest not just under load.
you are right i am agree with you bro

Good to hear, as I really am interested in this thread. I just ordered these springs for my V6 coupe before the weekend. They should be here by the end of the week, but I don't know when I'll have time to install them, as I'll be very busy next weekend.
hope to get informaton from you soon:thmsup:

I'm amazed they want you to send them your original springs just so they can test them.
me too

1 - 20 of 54 Posts