Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys

I need URGENT help.

Can anyone snapshoot a photo of the H&R springs 51845 labled in the coil.

Am discussing with our H&R dealer about my springs problem and he said there is no H&R kit with 51845 springs labled in the coil. V6 abd I4 both are same.

I ask him to replace my springs 51846 which is not for my I4 sedan to 51845. i have springs binddings and noise

So i need this photo to proof and ask for a replacment kit.

Please help .. :notworthy

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i already discuss with the dealer and show him the difference part numbers in H&R website. he said they are all the same even all 51845 kit coming with 51846 springs and labled in the springs as well. am in problem and i need proof to claim my issue and ask for a replacment kit.

he said no springs with 51845 labled in the coil.

so i need help. just one photo will change the issue and help me to get new kit.

up up

·
9th Gen Coupe
825 Posts
lowering rates in the front are different due to the heavier engine of the V6. The springs are the same.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
lowering rates in the front are different due to the heavier engine of the V6. The springs are the same.
aha, same springs in different part numbers.

DRK92. i am going to left up my car and start working on it by myself. i got crazy with these springs at all.

look. i got the picture from google of accord springs and i want you to school me where is the top side should go and the bottom side for front and rear.

there is way to intsall them upside down. and am afraid of that.

am going to re-install by myself today.

·
9th Gen Coupe
825 Posts
aha, same springs in different part numbers.

DRK92. i am going to left up my car and start working on it by myself. i got crazy with these springs at all.

look. i got the picture from google of accord springs and i want you to school me where is the top side should go and the bottom side for front and rear.

there is way to intsall them upside down. and am afraid of that.

am going to re-install by myself today.
Just make sure you install with the lettering faced right side up. Then keep note of the direction the coils are originally wound, it'll be pretty straight forward once you see it.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i just finished everything where should be and perfect installed. i still have coil bindding

i gave up with this. i compare the new springs its the same. i cant do anything.

everyone happy with HR springs and am the only one in this world with coils binddings

i have never faced a problem like that in my whole life.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So you replaced the H&R with new H&R springs and its still the same problem?
yes. the new box labled 51845 outside. the springs coils labled 51846 :dunno:

anyway i have the same problem overall. coil binding

there is problem with kit and thats why i need someone give a photo of his h&r springs labled with 51845 to ask for refund. otherwise h&r will not make 2 part numbers

22:15:20 Time remaininig to burn my whole suspension. and am really serious

·
Registered
103 Posts
http://www.hrsprings.com/ee_technical/hr_technical_info.pdf

Seems like dead coils are normal in some applications. Has anyone else been able to provide you a pic of their install and front springs? I agree that your stance is definitely off, I don't get why though.

I also don't know why they would claim to be the same spring but different part numbers...what would be the point of having different part numbers then?

Are you dealing with H&R directly or a "dealer/distributor"?

Have you verified on the rear or front coils themselves that they are correct? Front (VA) and Rear (HA)? I am not trying to insult your intelligence, but that is the only other thing I can assume would be wrong if in fact the springs part numbers do not vary between v6 and 4cyl

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
http://www.hrsprings.com/ee_technical/hr_technical_info.pdf

Seems like dead coils are normal in some applications. Has anyone else been able to provide you a pic of their install and front springs? I agree that your stance is definitely off, I don't get why though.

I also don't know why they would claim to be the same spring but different part numbers...what would be the point of having different part numbers then?

Are you dealing with H&R directly or a "dealer/distributor"?
dead coils ?! is there is anyone here with I4 install h&r faced a problem or just me here ?

DRK help me with his h&r photo but he have v6.

i dont know what to do with this. there is no way of faulty installation. everything perfect but only issue with coil binding. the top 3 coils.

·
Registered
103 Posts
The top 3 binding is what is referred to as "Dead coils".

Dead or Inactive Coils: Coils, which are in contact with adjacent coils at loaded height. Inactive coils do nothing but give the spring enough free length to stay tight in the spring perches at full rebound.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The top 3 binding is what is referred to as "Dead coils".

Dead or Inactive Coils: Coils, which are in contact with adjacent coils at loaded height. Inactive coils do nothing but give the spring enough free length to stay tight in the spring perches at full rebound.
Thanks for the info bro. but any solution or suggestion before it become all dead coils by tomorrow

·
Registered
103 Posts
If you are 100% sure they are installed correctly fronts on front and rears on rear, and you are sure the fronts are seated properly...then I am left to still believe it might be a part number issue.

As I stated before, why would H&R have 2 part numbers in the system if it didn't matter as they are telling you. Doesn't make sense to me at all.

I wish I had some springs to help you out and verify that the 4cly ones are a different part number.

·
9th Gen Coupe
825 Posts
The top two or three coils on the fronts are dead coils, you'll notice that the spacing on these coils are closer together even when unloaded. It's normal, the remaining coils will not become "dead"

Many progressive springs are like this.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Well I listed called H&R due to this keeping me confused...try are in fact the same part number for both (ending in the 6). I asked why the different part numbers online and box. He told me its for sales tracking purposes to see which application sold, v6 or 4cly.

So now I'm just confused on why yours sits lower in the rear.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Well I listed called H&R due to this keeping me confused...try are in fact the same part number for both (ending in the 6). I asked why the different part numbers online and box. He told me its for sales tracking purposes to see which application sold, v6 or 4cly.

thanks for the help bro .. as you see there is nothig called 51845 or 51846 they are all the same in any case.

so since you called them have ever discuss with them about coil binding and wrong leveling ?

lets work togather and find out what is the difference in suspension parts between US and Middle East versoins.

i tried to enter my VIN in honda parts .. its invalid VIN !!

·
Registered
103 Posts
thanks for the help bro .. as you see there is nothig called 51845 or 51846 they are all the same in any case.

so since you called them have ever discuss with them about coil binding and wrong leveling ?
I did not. The "binding" is very common in lowering springs. Almost any lowering coil spring I have ever used whether it be on a car or truck has utilized these "dead coils" to optimize the ride.

Since you have now had H&R confirm the part number is the same, I would say there must be something wrong with the install. It could be something as simple as an incorrect seating of the coil/strut or even an isolator.

This might seem stupid, but is the front sitting on the bump stop? I wonder if that is what is causing this to happen? I know they recommend you trim it when you do the install.

Have you driven it around any? IF so how many miles do you think? I know springs do tend to settle after driving around some.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I did not. The "binding" is very common in lowering springs. Almost any lowering coil spring I have ever used whether it be on a car or truck has utilized these "dead coils" to optimize the ride.

Since you have now had H&R confirm the part number is the same, I would say there must be something wrong with the install. It could be something as simple as an incorrect seating of the coil/strut or even an isolator.

This might seem stupid, but is the front sitting on the bump stop? I wonder if that is what is causing this to happen? I know they recommend you trim it when you do the install.

Have you driven it around any? IF so how many miles do you think? I know springs do tend to settle after driving around some.
the seating is perfect installed and i check it many times. all componant are ok. i drive it now almost 2 month.

wait, what do you mean by bump stop ? and no one recommend me to trim anything !! can you please explain this for me more ????

·
9th Gen Coupe
825 Posts
the seating is perfect installed and i check it many times. all componant are ok. i drive it now almost 2 month.

wait, what do you mean by bump stop ? and no one recommend me to trim anything !! can you please explain this for me more ????
There's a rubber bump stop on the shaft of the struts that should be trimmed. Just helps preventing you from bottoming out as easily

1 - 20 of 46 Posts