Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

41 - 60 of 365 Posts

·
JaeDM
635 Posts
did you read my original post with the link i posted?click on the link for the Navtool website and you will find all the info you need.
Yes I did. No where on the site does it say that it is going to be available for Accords without navigation. Just says Accord, if you look at all the other Navtool, they all are for cars equipped wit navigation. Guess we will wait and see.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Yes I did. No where on the site does it say that it is going to be available for Accords without navigation. Just says Accord, if you look at all the other Navtool, they all are for cars equipped wit navigation. Guess we will wait and see.
really???
if you would have searched a little better you would have found this......

NavRGB 2.0 is a new generation of navigation video interfaces that add video capabilities to HONDA / ACURA vehicles with factory installed navigation system, or with color information screen.

NavRGB 2.0 does not replace or add a factory navigation system; it creates additional video inputs for the factory installed navigation system or color information screen.

·
Registered
5 Posts
So, from the research i've done, the head extra head unit they have installed is a dvd/.avi player. One is an alpine and the other is a pioneer. I still cant figure out the mirroring though. The android phone is using an mhl to hdmi or i think they make a vga one, but that would require a scan converter and the iphone is using a lightning cable so...

The screen appears to be a stock unit, but that leaves the only other option to mirror as actually piggybacking the lcd and overriding the head unit output.

There is one certainty as of now and that is that we have definitive composite in. Now 400$ for a device that splices a harness for some some circuitry is absolute bs. Its essentially enabled by a switch and when you actually shift into reverse it swaps inputs to the camera. It says your in reverse to the head unit by triggering the reverse sensor and monitors the actual one to swap inputs. Thats the gist of the video input.

But what we all want to know is how the hell are they mirroring.

EDIT: So after some thought and research they must be using a scan converter. They are a hell of a lot cheaper than I thought and at the size of the screen, composite might not look too bad for movies and maps, but text is questionable. So this all should cost about 100$. Pulling some stuff from the schematics another member posted and some stuff from the civic imid dvd hack this should be pretty easy, assuming I can come up with a circuit and find the wiring harness for sale.

·
Registered
349 Posts
There's 5 pages about trying to hack the iMid over at 9thgencivic.. a lot of talk and no success but i don't think any serious attempts. via the usb port is the access, but it uses a proprietary system/OS and is not so much friendly to programmers

·
Registered
231 Posts
Where did you get that DIN bracket to install the aftermarket head unit in place of the center pocket? I haven't been able to find one anywhere. Or did you make it yourself somehow? Any info you can provide on it would be great.

I've been badly wanting to install a new stereo independent of the stock radio.

Attachments

·
Registered
303 Posts
Subscribed as I'm very interested. If we could somehow manage to get an HDMI input to go into the screen on the Aux selection a Chromecast would do many of the things we need and want.

·
7th Gear
373 Posts
Subscribed as I'm very interested. If we could somehow manage to get an HDMI input to go into the screen on the Aux selection a Chromecast would do many of the things we need and want.
Its not possible to get HDMI to the display for two reasons. The imid display is not HD . Even if someone was able to hook up an HDMI cable. HDCP would prevent chromecast and other HDMI input devices from working. Since the imid is not HDCP certified.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I just received some feedback from Auxxo.com

Android Mirroring

iPhone 5 Mirroring

Attachments

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
"Pull Out" method must be very popular in Korea

·
9th Gen Coupe
961 Posts
The "no paypal" makes it a no for me
I'd rather have something domestic as well.
Though the price isnt bad at all all things considered.

Pull out method is popular for me as well ;)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Ohh. Sweet. So the screen supports two composite is and a rgb signal. that's how the mirror. Taking from the manual that the nav input is optional, it would work on an lx. I would assume the ports are the same, but I don't know about the software side of how it would work.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Yeah, not sure if it works without NAVI equipped units. I need to contact Auxxo again. It says Denso boxes only. According to an OEM parts finder, both navi and non-navi look to be Alpine units.

http://auxxo.com/av_interface/1341

GVIF Video Interface Features:
Remote button value copy function
Plug & Play by means of a original LVDS cable
Own positioning function on RGB and AV mode
Only available in Carswith originally equippedNavi box (DENSO)

·
Registered
12 Posts
The Navi units are Alpine. As a result they run WinCE.

MirrorLink will likely require dedicated hardware in the device itself, so without the option above, it will be impossible. Even if somehow the Navi unit was very closely based off an existing Alpine headunit that supported MirrorLink, it would likely not include this hardware to reduce production cost.

However...you probably could extract an update bin file and recompile it fairly easily with some modified splash screens etc before updating your vehicle.

Does Honda release downloadable software updates you can do yourself like Ford does for MyFord Touch? I'd take a quick look at it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
LVDS is used for actually driving an lcd, so I'm assuming it should work, however
The software may be the issue, ie. No ability to easily change source, or that there just may be an unbroken out header for that connector.

I'm on the road and ill have to look at the pdfs again, but I think its either actually driving the lcd, or they are referring to the LVDS cable as the input cable, I just remember it was listed with rgb+sync and some other stuff.

There is some information on hackaday about driving a lcd with lvds.

All in all of the port is there it comes down to the question of software. I would think the head units are the same except software for sake if maximizing profits and not having to make other hardware revisions.

--Ilovecoffee

This is a dedicated piece of hardware that takes hdmi and converts it into a rgb signal, so its not actually "mirrorlink" it is however mirroring your screen at a high resolution. It has nothing to do with the head unit processing video. It just uses it to select video output afaik. Al thought I think it can force the display to sway. That s just what I think. I have to look at the docs again.

Also, screw win ce lol, would explain why the unit plays the animations so slow

·
Registered
203 Posts
Yeah, not sure if it works without NAVI equipped units. I need to contact Auxxo again. It says Denso boxes only. According to an OEM parts finder, both navi and non-navi look to be Alpine units.

http://auxxo.com/av_interface/1341

GVIF Video Interface Features:
Remote button value copy function
Plug & Play by means of a original LVDS cable
Own positioning function on RGB and AV mode
Only available in Carswith originally equippedNavi box (DENSO)
But that's an EXL they are using it with - not a Navi/Touring.

·
Banned
6,565 Posts
Where did you get that DIN bracket to install the aftermarket head unit in place of the center pocket? I haven't been able to find one anywhere. Or did you make it yourself somehow? Any info you can provide on it would be great.

I've been badly wanting to install a new stereo independent of the stock radio.
The answer to your question is in the very post in which you found that picture.

·
Registered
303 Posts
My god I hope this makes it's way here for a good price. The real wow factor of that video is when he turned the device sideways and it fully scaled onto the screen. I want this so bad!

41 - 60 of 365 Posts