Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New 7th gen owner. EXL-V6 Auto.Last car was a Charger. Prior to that I have owned Hondas and Acuras. Now I am back. Here she is with 506,000 miles. It was a one owner, and I have every repair and maintenance record from mile one. I love it so far. Can't wait to mod it.

Attachments

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
05. He was a territory salesman. Will get the odometer pic in a few minutes. Trying to burn the NAVI mod CD.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Congrats and welcome! and wowzers half a mil! makes me feel great bout my V6 lol hope mine reaches tht and more! but hope one of the 1st mods is lowering it bothers me to see a kit on a car tht is not lowered. and judging by the wheels i'll assume its an 05.

·
Banned
716 Posts
Awesome man, that is an impressive feat! I am interested in hearing about the maintenance records. I would like to hear how often the engine oil changes were performed, with what engine oil, and how often the transmission fluid and transmission filter was changed. I would also like to hear what all had to be repaired along the way to that many miles. Sorry for all the requests for information, but it would be helpful as I'm shooting for 250k miles minimum.

And honestly, when you say mod I sure hope you just mean visual mods and nothing for performance. Because at this point (500k miles), I would leave the engine and drivetrain alone and keep doing exactly what the previous owner was doing

·
BRWNFLSH now
7,417 Posts
And to think some owners get rid of their V6 automatics because they fear they will fail before they get to 100k miles. Don't get rid of a great car, because of a few bad apples.

·
Banned
716 Posts
Original tranny. Every maintenance interval done on time. Oil changed religiously every 3k
Can you be a little more specific, as in the mileage interval the transmission fluid was changed and the mileage they changed the trans filter? I'm assuming the filter was changed many times over that many miles. Or it'd be crazy if it wasn't! Haha, but VERY nice car my man and I'm glad you found her. :thmsup:

·
Registered
254 Posts
damn the previous owner must of been doing 20+ oil changes a year! thts just crazy! lol

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
Well, this makes me feel good about my car lasting for awhile. I just bought mine at 67k miles.

1 - 20 of 76 Posts