Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will be using a JBL MS-8 in my 2014 Accord EX-L and figured I would just use the rear speaker and sub speaker leads in the rear for input to the MS-8 since that is where the MS-8 will be installed. I will simply fade the factory headunit to the rear.

I will also be replacing the door speakers and tweeter, which will be connected to an amp off connected to the MS-8, which means the front factory speaker output from the factory amp will not be used, they will simply be disconnected. This will kill my hands free speaker capability, which is routed through the front speakers. I figured since I don't have Navigation, I could install a little 3.5" speaker in that center console pocket having it fire down, then connect the left or right front speaker lead from the factory amp to it, so that I will have the hands free speaker voice coming from that small speaker.

I could connect the front speaker leads from the factory amp to the input on the MS-8, but then the hands free speaker is going to come through ALL the speakers, front, back and sub, although that might not be a bad thing. However, I have heard of echo issues when running the hands free through an MS-8.

What have others done? Specifically with a 2013 or 2014, since I assume they are the same.

Thanks!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
130 views and nothing?

I assume with over 100 views there are a lot of others who are curios. Surely someone has dealt with this thus far.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I would hookup the front speakers to the MS-8. It would be for a better install. I am doing the same but with an Audion Bit One at the moment.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I don't suppose it will matter that the voices will come thru all the speakers and not just the front.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts