Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, where I work, hang tags are essential for parking. But the hang tags dont fit on the rear view dimming mirror from 2013. The arm that holds it is too chubby.

The alternative is to hang the tag on the power wire that passes into the rear view mirror. Unfortunately, I have to put the tag on and take it off frequently, and I dont want to eventually wear out that wire. Can anyone suggest a durable solution to hanging the tag elsewhere? perhaps a clip or something?

·
Registered
243 Posts
A bit crude: Hang the tag off a zip tie around the mirror?

·
Registered
336 Posts
My hang tag works, but the hole is pretty big (that's what she said!). Can you hang it on the arm of sun visor?

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
I have the same problem so I just lay my parking tag on top of the dash and they're okay with that where I park but some places might not allow you to do that. Plus you have to always remember to lay it on top of the dash every time you park and it's easy to forget that.

I think the sun visor and twist tie suggestions are worth a try...I may do that myself!

·
Registered
234 Posts
Can't you just cut the hole in the tag a little bigger? I was already glad that my coupe doesn't have an auto dimming mirror, and this is another reason for me to not like auto dimming mirrors:)

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I've got a solution; tell me what you guys think.

I'm going to put a command hook on my EZ pass box (the electronic tollbooth box that we use on the east coast of the US). I'll hang the hangtag off that. Alternatively, I could put the easypass hook on the window itself, but I prefer not to add any more adhesives on the glass. This lets me keep the hangtag higher up than it would have been on the mirror, so it blocks less of my view.

·
Banned
21 Posts
So, where I work, hang tags are essential for parking. But the hang tags dont fit on the rear view dimming mirror from 2013. The arm that holds it is too chubby.

The alternative is to hang the tag on the power wire that passes into the rear view mirror. Unfortunately, I have to put the tag on and take it off frequently, and I dont want to eventually wear out that wire. Can anyone suggest a durable solution to hanging the tag elsewhere? perhaps a clip or something?
Yea get a string and find another spot smh this is a forum for cars. This is stupid I can't believe u wasted ur time making a post when it takes 5 mins to just think of a different spot or way to hang it. U should be on post in a common sense forum not one for cars. Seriously what's a waste.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
37 Posts
Yea get a string and find another spot smh this is a forum for cars. This is stupid I can't believe u wasted ur time making a post when it takes 5 mins to just think of a different spot or way to hang it. U should be on post in a common sense forum not one for cars. Seriously what's a waste.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Yet you found even more time to waste by posting a condescending, snarky comment. That's the waste here. :screwy:

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
I've got a solution; tell me what you guys think.

I'm going to put a command hook on my EZ pass box (the electronic tollbooth box that we use on the east coast of the US). I'll hang the hangtag off that. Alternatively, I could put the easypass hook on the window itself, but I prefer not to add any more adhesives on the glass. This lets me keep the hangtag higher up than it would have been on the mirror, so it blocks less of my view.
Great suggestion! I may try that myself since I also have an EZ Pass. Right now, I just lay the hang tag on my dashboard but, like I said before, I have to remember to do that every time I park. :dunno:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts