Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
"April" silver 07 Accord
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...but I managed to get a few shots in. The lighting wasn't the best, I was hoping for more of a sunset to light the car up better, but a T-storm is on its way. Some are a bit grainy but whatever. When I was leaving a cop rolled up into the closed turn-around circle I was in taking pics and was like, "everything Ok? I saw you over here..." I was like "I was just taking pics of my car where there were no other people around," and he was...skeptical...but I rolled out so it was np. Cops just love me! :banana:

Attachments

·
Keepin' It R-E-A-L...!!!
5,667 Posts
It's better to have a cop around when you don't need one than to have none around when you need one... :naughty:

Nice pics, the setting reminds me of here this evening - humid/stormy, dusky, and surreal! :cool:

·
Registered
249 Posts
Sooooooo how was the cop harassing you again? For all he knew you could of been injured/in trouble or up to no good. Like 04V6EX said sounds to me like he was doing his job. Being nosy is part of it. Sorry, but I have few family members who are officers, the public is way to harsh on the people who put their lives on the line every day for us. And believe me they go through A LOT of bulls*** and stress day in and day out. The stories I hear are just mind blowing. The public is so blind as to what really goes on out there in this world and in your back yard that these guys and girls deal with everyday. It's funny so many people complain about cops but their the first people your going to call when you find yourself in trouble or when your in an emergency situation. Other than that nice pics.

·
"April" silver 07 Accord
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
wow..... All I was saying was that cops like checking up and harassing ME personally. Did not mean to offend all the police buddies on here, and I for one have no prob with cops in general, I think its great for what they do. However in Harford county MD where I live, they have nothing better to do than make laps around the Dairy queen (which is across the street from where I was)and follow customized cars or young drivers around to make quota. If you have a '32 ford, you could lay 2 fat black lines of rubber down the road any time you wanted, but if u revved a supra you'd have a ticket, guaranteed. In my last accord, which was mildly customized, I was pulled over at least 8 times, only twice for speeding, all by locals. 3 times was for my exhaust, which they all told me was illegal ( was a cat back Apexi ws2). I had to prove to them with my inspection ticket that it was fine each time, after the first one gave me a fix it ticket. When I slid off the road after a heavy rain storm made the roads slick, I called my bud who worked up the street to follow me to a safe spot so I could assess the damage with out being rear-ended while entering back onto the road. An undercover spotted us when we pulled into a lot and thought we were road raging and fighting, so he called two separate cop cars to come. I was harassed by both of them, stating I was a stupid kid going to fast and didnt know the limits of my car. Then he wanted to know what brand my exhaust was and why my reverse lights had a bluish tint, and also what % window tint I had. Didn't care if I was hurt, or if I needed a tow. I was then charged $140 for the yellow arrow sign that got clipped by my bumper...And its not just me, many people have stories around here. So I was just venting in general that I couldn't have 10 mins with my car in an open lot to take a pic without a cop coming around and following me half way home Thats why I said " cops just love me." Its just a little over kill. I understand its probably the reason why there is very little crime in my area, the fact that they are always around. I could have had a flat, or been messing around even though I was next to a major parking lot. Its just a little big brother-ish. Thanks for the compliments on the pics, and no offense to any cops, or friends/fam of cops on here.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Sooooooo how was the cop harassing you again? For all he knew you could of been injured/in trouble or up to no good. Like 04V6EX said sounds to me like he was doing his job. Being nosy is part of it. Sorry, but I have few family members who are officers, the public is way to harsh on the people who put their lives on the line every day for us. And believe me they go through A LOT of bulls*** and stress day in and day out. The stories I hear are just mind blowing. The public is so blind as to what really goes on out there in this world and in your back yard that these guys and girls deal with everyday. It's funny so many people complain about cops but their the first people your going to call when you find yourself in trouble or when your in an emergency situation. Other than that nice pics.
great post.... and doesn't sound like he was harassing you. Nice pics!

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
No harassment.Cops only talk to me when i have done something wrong on the road or coming to investigate a accident.I have no bad experiences with cops all i have came across are always professional and lenient

·
Registered
514 Posts
wow..... All I was saying was that cops like checking up and harassing ME personally. Did not mean to offend all the police buddies on here, and I for one have no prob with cops in general, I think its great for what they do. However in Harford county MD where I live, they have nothing better to do than make laps around the Dairy queen (which is across the street from where I was)and follow customized cars or young drivers around to make quota. If you have a '32 ford, you could lay 2 fat black lines of rubber down the road any time you wanted, but if u revved a supra you'd have a ticket, guaranteed. In my last accord, which was mildly customized, I was pulled over at least 8 times, only twice for speeding, all by locals. 3 times was for my exhaust, which they all told me was illegal ( was a cat back Apexi ws2). I had to prove to them with my inspection ticket that it was fine each time, after the first one gave me a fix it ticket. When I slid off the road after a heavy rain storm made the roads slick, I called my bud who worked up the street to follow me to a safe spot so I could assess the damage with out being rear-ended while entering back onto the road. An undercover spotted us when we pulled into a lot and thought we were road raging and fighting, so he called two separate cop cars to come. I was harassed by both of them, stating I was a stupid kid going to fast and didnt know the limits of my car. Then he wanted to know what brand my exhaust was and why my reverse lights had a bluish tint, and also what % window tint I had. Didn't care if I was hurt, or if I needed a tow. I was then charged $140 for the yellow arrow sign that got clipped by my bumper...And its not just me, many people have stories around here. So I was just venting in general that I couldn't have 10 mins with my car in an open lot to take a pic without a cop coming around and following me half way home Thats why I said " cops just love me." Its just a little over kill. I understand its probably the reason why there is very little crime in my area, the fact that they are always around. I could have had a flat, or been messing around even though I was next to a major parking lot. Its just a little big brother-ish. Thanks for the compliments on the pics, and no offense to any cops, or friends/fam of cops on here.
:confused:

·
Registered
249 Posts
well I am glad everyone has had better experiences then myself. Once again, didnt mean to upset anyone personally, just was venting. Cheers.
No worries dude, I tend to get defensive on the subject. In most cases tho cops do not have quotas, that's a myth that the public has for some reason grown to believe, they are not sales man they are law enforcement and if there's something to enforce they will do so. Not to say some chiefs do not set standards for their officers, but as far as having to reach a certain number of tickets/traffic stops is in most cases not true.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Very nice shots man. I am loving the lines of the coupe. Wish I could trade my sedan in for one. :naughty:

As for cops. I got pulled over the same night I installed my LED interior lighting kit. He kept inspecting my trunk area thinking it was illegal lighting or something. :dunno: and told me to have a nice day.

·
Accord Power
480 Posts
Well, you can always come to VA for some photoshoots. The west part of Virginia has some good backdrops. I did a couple of my photography projects out there, especially night captures for a layering of film negatives.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Yeah i'm in forest hill too. I thought that water tower looked familiar.
The cops probably weren't harassaing you just more so doing their job. That road doesn't have any traffic on it and most people wouldn't go back there.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Nice pics car looks good, but a drop and some larger wheels would look great!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts