Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had the car for a few months now...whenever I get in, i feel the stiffness of the darn seats....man, is it just me or are these seats really uncomfortable!!?!

i just recently sat in a friend's toyota corolla and it felt soooo good. I also had no trouble maintaining good posture while in it, with good lumbar support in all the right places.

PLUS: I recently test drove the new mustang GT and was so impressed with how plush the leather seats were..

question to all the 08,09ers: does the leather seat soften up over time??

·
"Life In The Slow Lane"
2,111 Posts
I am comfortable in my 09 coupe seats,but the leather is
still stiff.

·
Cell Phone Doc
963 Posts
Welcome to my world! :thumbsdow

The seats never soften up. They kill my back after a couple hours on the highway!! No lumbar adjustment seems to help, and of course as you've found out, the seat cushion is like sitting on a board!.

Soon as I get the money to do so, I'm trading.

·
Cell Phone Doc
963 Posts

·
Low Gear
2,935 Posts
It's cheapness all around. Put your hand on the seat as if you are picking something up from the floormat. See how the leather get's out of shape?

Try that with older Honda leadther seating surface (09 Odyssey), it durable as how leather should be.

I'm sure Honda will cheapen it with the new Ody.

·
Registered
171 Posts
My seats are hard too. I drove from DC to Richmond and I couldn't believe how uncomfortable I was even with the lumbar support. It almost made me want to trade it in the minute I was back home after a 3-day trip.:dunno:

·
Low Gear
2,935 Posts
My seats are hard too. I drove from DC to Richmond and I couldn't believe how uncomfortable I was even with the lumbar support. It almost made me want to trade it in the minute I was back home after a 3-day trip.:dunno:
We bought Honda because we want a tighter suspension. It's not a Lexus ES (in short) for many reasons. One of the reason is tires.

225/50 vs 225/55.

IMO, taller profile will offer a better ride. Do we want taller or shorter. Most (all) of us want shorter. 18s, 19s, 20s FTW?

·
Cell Phone Doc
963 Posts
We bought Honda because we want a tighter suspension. It's not a Lexus ES (in short) for many reasons. One of the reason is tires.

225/50 vs 225/55.

IMO, taller profile will offer a better ride. Do we want taller or shorter. Most (all) of us want shorter. 18s, 19s, 20s FTW?
Very true. The tires and wheels that are on these cars are the reason there are so many complaints about ride and road noise. The wheels are too large requiring a very small sidewall profile, which lends to harsh ride and more noise.

·
Registered
939 Posts
On top of all of the issues my sister had faced with her 08 Accord, the cloth seats were unbearable. I would get back pains on long drives. This never happened on any Accords I have driven from Gen 4-7. I hope Honda gets their act together for the next gen or I may be joining the Toyota group and taking my boat ride and liking it :)

·
Registered
229 Posts
My 09 coupe has 20XXX and the leather is still stiff. Kinda ****s on those 4hr drives from Houston to Killeen. Oh well.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Very true. The tires and wheels that are on these cars are the reason there are so many complaints about ride and road noise. The wheels are too large requiring a very small sidewall profile, which lends to harsh ride and more noise.

can we switch out the tires to a "cushier" set? in other words, do you know any specific tires that are more comfy than stock?

·
Cell Phone Doc
963 Posts
can we switch out the tires to a "cushier" set? in other words, do you know any specific tires that are more comfy than stock?
It's not that simple. You'd have to switch wheels and tires in order to get taller sidewall tires, the wheel size would have to decrease in order to maintain the same overall height so as not to throw off speedo/odo calibrations.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
How much work is involved for seat swapping?

·
2005 Accord EX-L *SSM*
590 Posts
Hmmm how about putting those Memory foam pillow on the seats. :naughty:

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Hmmm how about putting those Memory foam pillow on the seats. :naughty:

i have a feeling that would make u sweat alot in the summer lol:yes:

·
Registered
22 Posts
I actually think they're a great balance of firmness and comfort but I came out of an Xterra. Talk about a lack of support!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts