Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I've been looking around for a DIY on how to hardwire a Valentine 1 to a 2010 Accord via the auto-dimming mirror. Any help/instructions are appreciated! Pictures are a plus.

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,953 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,778 Posts
Mine is, but I didn't do it the easy way. There is a live wire up there (I forget which color) that turns on and off with the car that you can easily tap into for your power.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Disconnect the connector behind the mirror and use a multimeter and check to see which one is constant power. It's probably either the yellow or red.

·
Honda Nation
2,184 Posts
Disconnect the connector behind the mirror and use a multimeter and check to see which one is constant power. It's probably either the yellow or red.
He probably wants a switched 12 volt source to turn on and off with the accessory mode.

There is constant 12 volts available in the auto dimming and sunroof switch circuit in the headliner, but there is no switched 12 volts - Honda runs 12 volts constant to the moonroof switch and auto dimming mirror, but the ground is switched. That's fine for the setup they use which is for multiplexing, but not a good idea for a standard 12 volt accessory like a radar detector.

If the OP bought the optional hardwire kit from Valentine, I recommend taping into the 12 volt accessory plug by the coin box in front of the gear shift. You will have to remove the center console to access the wiring, but that's the best option. It's standard 12 volt positive switched and is a higher current rating.

·
Motor City
707 Posts
I direct-wired my V1 to the fuse box and put it right next to the review mirror. I bought it new so I didn't wanna play around with the fuse box, ended up paying a guy 20 bucks to get it done for me but I hid all the wires myself with a credit card... pretty simple.

·
Computer/ Car Junkie
35 Posts
I direct-wired my V1 to the fuse box and put it right next to the review mirror. I bought it new so I didn't wanna play around with the fuse box, ended up paying a guy 20 bucks to get it done for me but I hid all the wires myself with a credit card... pretty simple.
x2 i just wired my redline to the fuze box on the drivers side and used an add a fuze and popped in slot 2

·
Registered
222 Posts
Just do it to the fuse box - thats what i did and it looks and works perfectly.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Can anyone post any pics of their installs? I'm a newbie when it comes to DIY stuff on cars and pics and steps would really help me out.

Thanks!

·
Motor City
707 Posts
I took some pictures of where the wires are running through. Hiding the wires are the easiest part of the install just tuck them in with a credit card, I didnt even have to take anything apart. When you drag the wire down to the door I took a picture of it, you can see I put the wire behind the rubber insults on the door panel and it takes it str8 to the fuse box. The rest the guy did for me for 20 bucks. Hope it helps

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts