Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
268 Posts
got a link?

·
Registered
268 Posts
never heard of that brand of processor, but in general, processors can make a huge difference in your system. This processor with stock speakers will still sound like crap, but a processor coupled with aftermarket amps and speakers can give you an amazing system while keeping the OEM headunit in place. What are you trying to accomplish? Tell us what you have and what you want to do and we can make some better recommendations.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
never heard of that brand of processor, but in general, processors can make a huge difference in your system. This processor with stock speakers will still sound like crap, but a processor coupled with aftermarket amps and speakers can give you an amazing system while keeping the OEM headunit in place. What are you trying to accomplish? Tell us what you have and what you want to do and we can make some better recommendations.
Well I have an LX-S coupe w/ stock stereo system. I have a head unit from my previous cars that I don't really want to use (single din, would look silly). I have a couple 10" subs in a bandpass box that I really liked in my old car. I also have an amp at the police station (2 and a sub were stolen, don't know what all was recovered except not the sub).

I'm not too happy with the speakers. Would like to get some Focal components in the front doors on their own amp. Worried about sound quality as I have never tapped into a factory head unit, I don't know if I can expect the same results as with a quality aftermarket stereo with RCA-outs and such.

·
Registered
268 Posts
well in my experience, i tried line output converters on my system to convert the stock HU output to my amps and i wasnt ever happy until i went with a standalone processor. If you go with a processor, you will install new speakers and aftermarket amps to power them. Im running the Audison BitTen which came highly recommended from the good car audio shops in my area, and after all the other options i tried, the Audison is the only thing that satisfied me while keeping my OEM HU intact

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well in my experience, i tried line output converters on my system to convert the stock HU output to my amps and i wasnt ever happy until i went with a standalone processor. If you go with a processor, you will install new speakers and aftermarket amps to power them. Im running the Audison BitTen which came highly recommended from the good car audio shops in my area, and after all the other options i tried, the Audison is the only thing that satisfied me while keeping my OEM HU intact
I guess it makes sense that a good processor would cost about that much (~300). I'd also probably save some money by learning from your experience and avoiding line-out converters. If your stock H/U went bad or you replaced it with a decent aftermarket unit, would that render this processor pointless/redundant or would you still use it in conjunction with the aftermarket unit? This might be a stupid question; I don't have a lot of experience with these signal processors.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I guess it makes sense that a good processor would cost about that much (~300). I'd also probably save some money by learning from your experience and avoiding line-out converters. If your stock H/U went bad or you replaced it with a decent aftermarket unit, would that render this processor pointless/redundant or would you still use it in conjunction with the aftermarket unit? This might be a stupid question; I don't have a lot of experience with these signal processors.
yes, a decent aftermarket unit would render this processer pointless. i debated which route to go myself for a solid month or so, and ended up going with an aftermarket head unit. and i'm happy :)

·
Reverse
66 Posts
I'm very glad that I found this thread. I've been trying to research upgrading my factory sound system for months now and I think I've finally come up with what I need, and I was hoping for a little help/possibly recommendations from those of you that know more than I do:

I was hoping to know for sure if the following things would work in my 2014 Sport with one another, and if not, what might be better?

I'm a 20 year old who listens to all genres of music, but mostly rap. I hate the way my factory 4-speaker system sounds, and I wanted to add bass as well as achieve that "surround sound" that you find in cars with nice Bose or Rockford Fosgate systems. I want to keep my upgraded sound system as OEM as possible.

1.) Polk Audio db6501 Components Up Front (with EX garnish panels to house tweeters)

2.) JL Audio C2-650x Speakers for the Rear Deck

3.) AudioControl LC2i Sound Processor

4.) Sound Ordinance M-4075 Amplifier

I want to also stress that I plan to do this entire upgrade myself. That being said, I've been a little worried about how hard it may be to wire everything together. I really am a bit destructive by nature, so i'm hoping to be as non-invasive as possible (ie: removing as few panels as possible.)

Also, I would really like to be able to use the amplifier to power all 4 speakers once they are installed, (front door speakers AND tweeters, as well as rear deck speakers) but I'm afraid running power to all of these is going to be a bit difficult.

Thank you all very much in advance for your help!

·
Registered
268 Posts
the AudioControl LC2i isnt a processor, its a line output converter. If you want to use a line output converter, you will need one with as many channels as you wish to amplify. I'd recommend the LC6i which should work for what youre trying to do. you arent really going to add any bass with this setup though. you'll really need a subwoofer to add any type of meaningful bass to your system...

·
Registered
7 Posts
the AudioControl LC2i isnt a processor, its a line output converter. If you want to use a line output converter, you will need one with as many channels as you wish to amplify. I'd recommend the LC6i which should work for what youre trying to do. you arent really going to add any bass with this setup though. you'll really need a subwoofer to add any type of meaningful bass to your system...
The LC2i is a DSP or digital signal processor and it is a line output converter. I had one and it worked well for 2 speakers and a sub. The LC6i shares the same technology as the LC2i but has more channels and is more suitable for what he is trying to do. Regular line output converters don't EQ the Bass like the LC2i does.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts