Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would I need to splice the wires or do we have an output? The premium system is already unnaturally bassy for a stock system but i would like a clearer sound. Any POSITIVE input is appreciated.

·
2016 Nissan Maxima Platnm
4,574 Posts
People do a line-level output converter and add an aftermarket amp with new speakers and a subwoofer. The stereo does not have a dedicated subwoofer output. Nor does it have any line-level outputs. Or, you can get an amp that accepts the high-level speaker outputs and not worry about a line-level output converter.

If you don't want to spend that much money, you can replace the speakers first and see how that sounds. I did that and the bass is much more solid and less boomy. If you have the 6-speed with the Premium Audio, your front speakers use a dedicated crossover on the back of the head unit. So you might want to consider component speakers up front since your front speakers are wired differently than the standard Accord.

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
btw, adding a sub to the navi is just as easy as the standard/premium radio, there is no difference in the sound systems.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts