Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone did cvt fluid change on 2018 accord yet? I am at 27,000 and will do change my self at 30,000. I am looking for some tutorials or vidoes but couldnt find none. There are some civics and crvs or earlier accords which might be similar procedures but just wandering if anyone done it already. Also how much does it need it? Some place say 3.5 and 3.7

·
Registered
445 Posts
Just wondering if you have seen the maint minder yet? I am at almost 15k miles, and plan on having mine done at the dealer every 25 just because I drive spirited.

·
Registered
108 Posts
The owner's manual says the typical "See your dealer" non-sense. I haven't found a good source on the fluid level, but once I get to the service interval, I will probably pay the 10 bucks to access service manual.

I haven't used it before yet, but here is the link if you want: Service Express

I may have needed to scratch an itch and see the service manual for myself. So I have it from a very good source that the CVT requires 3.7L for regular drain and fills. Warm up the car on a level surface for 4-6 minutes, shut the engine off, and let the fluid drain from the transmission drain bolt for 4-6 minutes.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm getting it done right now. I was orignally going to change it at 25k miles but I never got the maintenance minder, or maybe I did but I had accidentally cleared the code. Unsure. But regardless, I'm at 52k miles now, while I was changing my oil myself I opened up the pan underneath the transmission and found a leak. No idea how long that's been doing but it was the axle seal. Getting that fixed today and doing my second drain and fill, and to top off the liquid. Will be doing my third and final drain and fill next week myself. I can post a tutorial video if you guys would like.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Technically you don’t have to change the transmission fluid every 25k - 30k miles... Aslong as it doesn’t burn up and get black you can change it every 50k - 75k miles or so. But if you’re gonna do it every 25k miles as “recommended” and you have the extra cash I would just do a fluid flush every 20k miles and the car would probably last forever aslong as you’re changing the oil regularly too lol...

·
HK Moderator
14,056 Posts
Technically you don’t have to change the transmission fluid every 25k - 30k miles... Aslong as it doesn’t burn up and get black you can change it every 50k - 75k miles or so. But if you’re gonna do it every 25k miles as “recommended” and you have the extra cash I would just do a fluid flush every 20k miles and the car would probably last forever aslong as you’re changing the oil regularly too lol...
What?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts