Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know you have to bypass the factory amp and run a new harness and tap into the factory and then run all new speaker wire to all speakers. You also loose the factory sub (for those who have it, I do).

Been quoted 6 hours for this job and another 2 just to install the new amp. Total 8 hours.

Anyone here done it? This is a pricey job for labour and as much as Id love to have more power going to my Alpine Type R speakers, Im not sure if i wanna drop this kind of coin. If I did, it would be a 5 ch amp as I wouldnt want to add a 2nd amp for later on if I decide to add my sub. I have a wicked 400RMS DVC sub 10" sitting at home from my old car but dont want it in the new car cause to save space.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Where r u located? Maybe someone could help u out or charge you cheaper. Another thought id to do a diy. It is really easy to install an amp

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have an '08 lx I'm still running the factory head unit and all factory mids and I have 2 1100w Sony 10's and an 800w Sounstream class D mono block. The only thing I have done to the stock head unit was install an aftermarket Bluetooth unit to stream music and make and receive calls. All I did to install the 10's and amp was to hook up a line converter off the rear mids to provide a signal for the sub amp. Im also running 1/0 gauge powder wire to the amp in the trunk and I have a 2F Cap in the trunk also. It sounds great Im a bass junkie I like it loud and this setup does it sounds great. The only issue I had was my headlights dimming pretty bad the culprit is the stupid ELD so I did the big 3 upgrade under the hood and that pretty much fixed it and at max volume now my lights only dim a tiny bit hard to even tell. In the future I plan to install a 2nd battery but it works fine for now.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I have an '08 lx I'm still running the factory head unit and all factory mids and I have 2 1100w Sony 10's and an 800w Sounstream class D mono block. The only thing I have done to the stock head unit was install an aftermarket Bluetooth unit to stream music and make and receive calls. All I did to install the 10's and amp was to hook up a line converter off the rear mids to provide a signal for the sub amp. Im also running 1/0 gauge powder wire to the amp in the trunk and I have a 2F Cap in the trunk also. It sounds great Im a bass junkie I like it loud and this setup does it sounds great. The only issue I had was my headlights dimming pretty bad the culprit is the stupid ELD so I did the big 3 upgrade under the hood and that pretty much fixed it and at max volume now my lights only dim a tiny bit hard to even tell. In the future I plan to install a 2nd battery but it works fine for now.
If you're referring to the ELD as the issue that causes the cars voltage to drop, I've ran into the same issue with mine. I have not installed an external regulator to bypass the factory charging system in an effort to do away with the voltage drop. But what I've found is just simply leaving the air condition on setting 2 or 3 will prevent the voltage from dropping. Or at least this is what I've come to notice with the volt meters I have.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts