Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone tried to install Axxess ASWC to get back their steering wheel controls after installing a aftermarket stereo? If you have how does the wiring work?

·
Registered
17 Posts
It works SUPER easy, there are three wires that you have to hook up, a power, ground, and a signal wire. They are all three at the stereo's wiring harness. Then you plug 3.5mm jack into your new stereo then you're done. Everything in our cars is auto-detected. The instructions that come with it are super easy to follow!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What if my deck doesnt have a 3.5mm jack in the back and only RCA plugs?

·
Registered
39 Posts
It works SUPER easy, there are three wires that you have to hook up, a power, ground, and a signal wire. They are all three at the stereo's wiring harness. Then you plug 3.5mm jack into your new stereo then you're done. Everything in our cars is auto-detected. The instructions that come with it are super easy to follow!
same, easy install, works great, no lag between hitting steering wheel control and radio response.

·
Registered
39 Posts
What if my deck doesnt have a 3.5mm jack in the back and only RCA plugs?
Then it is not designed for steering wheel controls and you are out of luck.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Install Instructions for Axxess ASWC 8th gen premium sound

Its been a few days since the OP but I thought I'd post up the link for the install instructions from axxess. They are a PITA to find on their site. Follow the link enter your info and you can read how the wiring works. http://www.axxessinterface.com/steering_wheel_control_new.aspx

Attachments

·
Registered
28 Posts
what does it mean when it says "4) Connect pin 5 of the vehicles harness to ground."

does this mean you splice that wire to to the ground wire on the harness itself?

can someone show a picture of the ASWC unit wired to the stock harness?

do T-Taps work for making the connections? or how did you make them?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am installing ASWC in a 2003 Accord EX coupe. I connected the Axxess ASWC grey/red (pin 5) to the green/red on accord (pin 3). I connected the ASWC black (pin 6) to ground. When I turn the car on the ASWC has power the device runs through the LED flashes. It does not automatically set the button functions-- it should auto-detect according to the Axxess Application Chart. I watched the LED flashes. The ASWC does not detect the Gray/Red wire connection with the Green/red because the Vehicle LED Feedback does not show a long flash on the 4th LED flash (of 7). The ASWC device does however detect my radio (Alpine) because the Radio LED Feedback has a long flash on the 7th LED flash.

Therefore, I know that the red, black and 3.5mm connector are all correct. Do you have any ideas?

·
Registered
97 Posts
I am installing ASWC in a 2003 Accord EX coupe. I connected the Axxess ASWC grey/red (pin 5) to the green/red on accord (pin 3). I connected the ASWC black (pin 6) to ground. When I turn the car on the ASWC has power the device runs through the LED flashes. It does not automatically set the button functions-- it should auto-detect according to the Axxess Application Chart. I watched the LED flashes. The ASWC does not detect the Gray/Red wire connection with the Green/red because the Vehicle LED Feedback does not show a long flash on the 4th LED flash (of 7). The ASWC device does however detect my radio (Alpine) because the Radio LED Feedback has a long flash on the 7th LED flash.

Therefore, I know that the red, black and 3.5mm connector are all correct. Do you have any ideas?
I used the ASWC with an Alpine W910 and the unit only detected the radio properly and did not auto map the button as you mentioned, although manually programming worked flawless and was very simple to do. Oh this was in a 07 with OEM navi.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts