Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

Has Anyone Put Wider Tires on Sport Wheels? Yes

7K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  baddceo 
#1 ·
Has anyone wrapped their stock sports wheels with meatier rubber? I was thinking of running a 245 section tire and wanted opinions from anyone who has done this.

#2 ·
I just saw a post of a member on here say they just put on 255/40-19 on his stocks. Check the last couple of threads in here. The member even has pics. I think your safe with 245's

#3 ·
#4 ·
I switched to the 245/40/19 hoping that the rim guard and more sidewall bulge will minimize or prevent curb rash. Weren't enough. Saw the 255 photo looking like it will do do the job. My slightly larger tire made me question if the car's odometer & speedometer run off the GPS (more accurate and not dependent on tire size but less dependable if satellite signal is unavailable) or the common transmission connection. I've found no answer but I'm guessing the Gen 10 Accord's speed still relies on the transmission. Anyone with better info is welcome to share.

#5 ·
A wider tire in a 40 series will be taller and that will increase the diameter. You can use a tool called tiresize found by just searching internet to see how the rolling diameter and profile, width all change as you change sizes. The profile is a percentage of the width as it grows so does the other.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.