Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's a little valve sitting right next to the firewall. Mine is leaking and I'm planning to replace it tomorrow. It looks pretty simple but you never know. Anyway, my question is do I NEED to drain all of the coolant out of the radiator?

I am hoping that I can change the valve without draining all of the coolant out of the car first. I don't really care about a little drip here and there if I don't have to drain the radiator.

·
V6 6MT CBP
2,702 Posts
Anything higher than the valve will need to be drained.

I'm betting you might as well drain the whole thing and just pour it back in when your done, unless its been 50k since, then you might as well put in new coolant.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Anything higher than the valve will need to be drained.

I'm betting you might as well drain the whole thing and just pour it back in when your done, unless its been 50k since, then you might as well put in new coolant.
I don't think there's anything higher than the valve so i guess there will be minimal fluid loss :thumbsup:

Coolant was replaced not too long ago when the timing belt was done. That's why I was hoping not having to drain it :thumbsup:

·
V6 6MT CBP
2,702 Posts
Perfect. I was thinking back to my '95 where the valve is towards the bottom of the fire wall.

Good luck!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts