Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
I have them. On for about a month. Not super bright in the day, but real nice at night. Plus I love the fact that it is a solid strip. I really dislike the individual separated led look on the front headlights. Installation was super easy too. I actually took a pic of them tonight when I clicked the alarm button. If you have any questions lmk.

Btw, I bought their switchback led turn signals as well. If you're interested in them now may be the time to get them since you can combine the shipping.

Attachments

·
2015 Honda Accord Sport
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have them. On for about a month. Not super bright in the day, but real nice at night. Plus I love the fact that it is a solid strip. I really dislike the individual separated led look on the front headlights. Installation was super easy too. I actually took a pic of them tonight when I clicked the alarm button. If you have any questions lmk.

Btw, I bought their switchback led turn signals as well. If you're interested in them now may be the time to get them since you can combine the shipping.
I love the, what is that a guinea pig emoji?, in the front man. Thanks for your feedback it looks nice at night for sure. If you dont mind could you take some more pictures and post them so other people can also get an idea.
Also, for the turn signal lights, how did you have to install them? resistors and such?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Yeah I'll try to snap a few more pictures. The turn signals have the resistors. It's not hard at all to install, it just takes a few extra minutes. There's some dude on youtube who has these same lightlight strips. Go to youtube.Com and type in "2013 accord drl led". He has a dark grey coupe with a red is cover on his front plate. Hope that helps.

·
2015 Honda Accord Sport
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah I'll try to snap a few more pictures. The turn signals have the resistors. It's not hard at all to install, it just takes a few extra minutes. There's some dude on youtube who has these same lightlight strips. Go to youtube.Com and type in "2013 accord drl led". He has a dark grey coupe with a red is cover on his front plate. Hope that helps.
Thanks man I'll check that video out once I get home from work. As far as the resistors and turn signals go, you mind sending me a link to them? And so you didnt get any hyper flashing or anything, straight forward install?

·
Registered
23 Posts
http://store.ijdmtoy.com/1157-BAY15d-2357-7528-Switchback-LED-Bulbs-p/20-008.htm

Those are the switchback leds I ordered. They came with the resistors for a few extra dollars.

The only issue with these led bulbs is that they take a second or so to fire up and turn on. Consequently when you click the alarm button they don't go on because of the slight delay. However, the led strip turns on. I actually like that, but figured I should mention it in case it would bother you.

·
2015 Honda Accord Sport
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Twice Brighter 1157 7528 Switchback LED Bulbs For Turn Signal Lights

Those are the switchback leds I ordered. They came with the resistors for a few extra dollars.

The only issue with these led bulbs is that they take a second or so to fire up and turn on. Consequently when you click the alarm button they don't go on because of the slight delay. However, the led strip turns on. I actually like that, but figured I should mention it in case it would bother you.
I'm looking at the link now and think I'm going to commit. Thanks for the additional info, good to know ahead of time so I dont have to come back and blame you if im not satisfied... joking. Appreciate it.

·
2015 Honda Accord Sport
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

I forgot to ask, when you installed them, were they plug and play? Or did you have to tap in to another wire or something?

·
Registered
23 Posts
You have to splice the resistors into the wires that hook up to the light bulbs, it's really easy. First time I've done this mod and it didn't take long at all. Just make sure you have the wire cutter/stripper thingie. If you have any questions or need any help lmk, I can give you my number so it's easier and quicker for you to get answers. You also have to attach the resistors to something metal. I drilled them into the metal piece behind the lights. The whole process took me about 30-40 minutes cause I'm a snail.

They are actuallying white-ish in my eyes, they don't look blue to me. But, people perceive things differently.

·
2015 Honda Accord Sport
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
You have to splice the resistors into the wires that hook up to the light bulbs, it's really easy. First time I've done this mod and it didn't take long at all. Just make sure you have the wire cutter/stripper thingie. If you have any questions or need any help lmk, I can give you my number so it's easier and quicker for you to get answers. You also have to attach the resistors to something metal. I drilled them into the metal piece behind the lights. The whole process took me about 30-40 minutes cause I'm a snail.

They are actuallying white-ish in my eyes, they don't look blue to me. But, people perceive things differently.
Really thankful for the info on installing the resistors and switchback LEDs. I was actually inquiring about the LED Strip lights though, is there any modification that needs to be done when installing? Are they just plug and play T10 connectors like the regular bulbs?

·
2.5th gear
306 Posts
i got those led strip light too, mine are a bit blueish yes. its 6000k.
Not so bright in the day but when it gets darker and at night its really amazing. i love the solid strip too. seperate led looks odd on any car.

·
2015 Honda Accord Sport
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i got those led strip light too, mine are a bit blueish yes. its 6000k.
Not so bright in the day but when it gets darker and at night its really amazing. i love the solid strip too. seperate led looks odd on any car.
Thanks for the info, I wish they were 5000k but that still may not stop me from getting these. How do you install them? plug n play or wiring has to be done?

·
2015 Honda Accord Sport
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

Just wanted to ask this before I purchase the LED strip light, but what are the instructions for installation? are they plug and play? Thanks for all the info guys.

·
Registered
66 Posts
From that youtube video. I've attached a pic here. I once saw a post here that the Accord had the LED strip going all the way up (as shown in the attached pic). Tried finding it but not successful. Any help?

Attachments

·
Registered
22 Posts
Those look great but i would really like for them to go all the up like mentioned above. I'd buy it for sure.

·
2.5th gear
306 Posts
how can you make it light up that area ? the strip goes into the channel for the T10 bulb. it can't go up and go all the way to the center of the car.. it has no logic. just buy it its nice. i really like the look it give to my blue accord sport unbadge ;)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts