Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just wondering if anyone has tried modding the navi screen/system to allow us to watch movies, just wondering because some odd reason my friends lexus is350 was able to with a few software tweaks

·
Registered
469 Posts
I don't think the current head unit has any sort of DVD reading capability - CD only.

Most current Toyota/Lexus premium head units (HDD based versions) have built in DVD playback capability.

·
Rhymes with **** & Quick
1,314 Posts
No, I do not believe so; certainly have not seen any posts here indicating that could be done on an Accord. However, you can play videos off your smartphone or tablet if you follow the directions on the "Hacking the i-Mid" thread on the front page - poster "qwertyking" has graciously posted a detailed, step-by-step on how to do that.

·
Registered
4,223 Posts
Why in the world would anyone want to play a DVD on the screen while driving? There are enough distractions including selecting playlists while in motion and we don't need a video being played. Studies have shown that talking on the phone, even with hands free Bluetooth reduces the driver's situational awareness while texting is even worse. I don't think we should be able to play video on the front screen even when we get autonomous driving cars. Just because the car can drive itself the driver has to be mentally connected to the car and able to take over if the automation is not doing the correct thing.

·
Rhymes with **** & Quick
1,314 Posts
Why in the world would anyone want to play a DVD on the screen while driving? There are enough distractions including selecting playlists while in motion and we don't need a video being played. Studies have shown that talking on the phone, even with hands free Bluetooth reduces the driver's situational awareness while texting is even worse. I don't think we should be able to play video on the front screen even when we get autonomous driving cars. Just because the car can drive itself the driver has to be mentally connected to the car and able to take over if the automation is not doing the correct thing.
No one is talking about watching videos while the car is in motion. It's for when the car is parked - like if you are waiting for your kid or wife.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts