Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently installed the Hasport Upper Torque Mount, part no. CVUP, 62A durometer in my '19 2.0 6MT.

Here's my experience so far with only 2 days and 80 miles:

Removal of the OEM mount is very easy, a 6 point 14mm 3/8" socket can be used with a 3/8" ratchet to remove the 2 center bolts. Only issue is once the factory mount center bolts are removed you'll need to loosen the two additional bracket mount bolts which have an aluminum A/C line running over them, so be sure to get your wrench over those two bolts by VERY CAREFULLY working around that line.

Once removed and the bracket bolts loosened you can easily place the Hasport CVUP mount in place. No lubrication or 'convincing' was necessary to get the new mount in place, it will fit fine. Torqued the mount bolts and bracket bolts to 55ft-lb once the new mount was in place.

Initial reaction was "WOW, this is way too loud and shakes and vibrates too much!" However after 2 days and 80 miles the NVH has subdued substantially. There is still a loud knock/rattle when starting the car, and at 1100-1200 rpms there's a drone and vibration that reverberates through the entire car that hasn't gone away yet, but all in all the initial harshness is gone. My plan is to keep this mount on for a full 1000 miles to see how it settles before deciding whether or not to switch back to the OEM mount. That 1100-1200 rpm vibration may be a deal-breaker though if it doesn't soften.

You'll definitately hear the engine more and the noise seems to come from the passenger side by the air vents which makes sense since this mount is on the passenger side of the engine. Shifting of the 6MT is very slightly improved, since just the top torque mount was replaced it still allows the lower part of the engine to torque -the Hasport CVRR rear lower mount should fix this and improve the shift feel even more. The biggest change so far has been that when lifting off the gas pedal there is no longer the prominent clunk feel previously experienced. You still feel a small clunk when taking your foot off the gas pedal but it is no where near as noticeable with the factory upper mount. Throttle response does feel improved as well, the car responds quicker to throttle input from a stop than with the factory mount, again, the rear lower mount should improve this even more.

Wheel-hop, well, I haven't tested this yet. So far I've only taken off with moderate acceleration. I don't think this upper mount will do as much to prevent wheel-hop as the the lower CVRR mount will. Most of the torque/flex of the engine occurs at the lower end of the motor and a stiffer mount there will have the greatest benefit of reducing wheel-hop.

Would I recommend this upper mount? Depends. If you want a super smooth, quiet driving family sedan, then no. If you want more responsive throttle input and less of a 'clunk' feel when shifting and letting off the gas pedal and are willing to endure an increase in engine noise in the cabin then yes.

Again, with only 2 days and 80 miles on this mount, it may still break-in and settle more, but for now it is definately an intrusive change that you will notice. Being a billet aluminum frame with a urethane insert these increases in noise and vibration are to be expected, but I'm hoping will settle down. I'm also curious if when the winter temps hit, will these mounts get louder and induce more vibrations and noise than they do in the warmer summer month? We'll see.

As for quality, hands down Hasport has built an excellent quality product. There is no doubt that this Hasport piece will last the lifetime of the vehicle, they really did a great job on this part.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Thanks for the write up @WesMantooth! I'm super curious about this replacement engine mount for my Accord now!

There is also a rear engine mount CVRR available that is referred to here:

I wonder if installing the rear will cut down on your idling vibration.

Also, i don't know what it takes to install a rear and haven't found instructions yet. Not sure if it is as ez as the bolt-on front or requires a lift and such. Do you know?

My bad WesMantooth. You already discussed the Rear mount in your right up. But still curious of the difficulty of installing the rear.

Buying the CVUP-62A now! Thanks again!

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
WesMantooth,

Excellent work on this write-up, thank you. Do you have an update on the noise and vibration? Has the noise and vibration settled down or are they still intrusive?

Thanks.

Recently installed the Hasport Upper Torque Mount, part no. CVUP, 62A durometer in my '19 2.0 6MT.

Here's my experience so far with only 2 days and 80 miles:

Removal of the OEM mount is very easy, a 6 point 14mm 3/8" socket can be used with a 3/8" ratchet to remove the 2 center bolts. Only issue is once the factory mount center bolts are removed you'll need to loosen the two additional bracket mount bolts which have an aluminum A/C line running over them, so be sure to get your wrench over those two bolts by VERY CAREFULLY working around that line.

Once removed and the bracket bolts loosened you can easily place the Hasport CVUP mount in place. No lubrication or 'convincing' was necessary to get the new mount in place, it will fit fine. Torqued the mount bolts and bracket bolts to 55ft-lb once the new mount was in place.

Initial reaction was "WOW, this is way too loud and shakes and vibrates too much!" However after 2 days and 80 miles the NVH has subdued substantially. There is still a loud knock/rattle when starting the car, and at 1100-1200 rpms there's a drone and vibration that reverberates through the entire car that hasn't gone away yet, but all in all the initial harshness is gone. My plan is to keep this mount on for a full 1000 miles to see how it settles before deciding whether or not to switch back to the OEM mount. That 1100-1200 rpm vibration may be a deal-breaker though if it doesn't soften.

You'll definitately hear the engine more and the noise seems to come from the passenger side by the air vents which makes sense since this mount is on the passenger side of the engine. Shifting of the 6MT is very slightly improved, since just the top torque mount was replaced it still allows the lower part of the engine to torque -the Hasport CVRR rear lower mount should fix this and improve the shift feel even more. The biggest change so far has been that when lifting off the gas pedal there is no longer the prominent clunk feel previously experienced. You still feel a small clunk when taking your foot off the gas pedal but it is no where near as noticeable with the factory upper mount. Throttle response does feel improved as well, the car responds quicker to throttle input from a stop than with the factory mount, again, the rear lower mount should improve this even more.

Wheel-hop, well, I haven't tested this yet. So far I've only taken off with moderate acceleration. I don't think this upper mount will do as much to prevent wheel-hop as the the lower CVRR mount will. Most of the torque/flex of the engine occurs at the lower end of the motor and a stiffer mount there will have the greatest benefit of reducing wheel-hop.

Would I recommend this upper mount? Depends. If you want a super smooth, quiet driving family sedan, then no. If you want more responsive throttle input and less of a 'clunk' feel when shifting and letting off the gas pedal and are willing to endure an increase in engine noise in the cabin then yes.

Again, with only 2 days and 80 miles on this mount, it may still break-in and settle more, but for now it is definately an intrusive change that you will notice. Being a billet aluminum frame with a urethane insert these increases in noise and vibration are to be expected, but I'm hoping will settle down. I'm also curious if when the winter temps hit, will these mounts get louder and induce more vibrations and noise than they do in the warmer summer month? We'll see.

As for quality, hands down Hasport has built an excellent quality product. There is no doubt that this Hasport piece will last the lifetime of the vehicle, they really did a great job on this part. View attachment 512632 View attachment 512633

·
Registered
94 Posts
That's a nice looking piece. Cheap way to do that without adding too much vibration is to fill the voids in the stock mounts with 3M Window Weld or polyethylene. Did this on my 2003 Acura CL Type S 6 speed and it firmed things up nicely without being too harsh.

Some discussion about this mod here: /window-weld-motor-mounts

I also replaced 2 of the lower suspension mounts with spherical bearings to try and cure wheel hop. Tough to do on a high hp fwd with a clutch.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts