Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hy I have a 2008 LX-S with 73000 miles. As you can see i drive a lot and I'm a little on the aggressive side. It is time to change the brakes on my car and I decided I want a little better performance for a reasonable price and I don't want to worry about new brakes for a couple of years. I decided to go with Power Slot Slotted rotor for the front and with centric Premium Rotors for the back, but i cant decide on the pads.
For now I'm stock in between Hawk HPS all around and EBC Red Stuff all around or maybe a combination of the too. If anyone have or had this on their accords please let me know how they work.

·
Registered
512 Posts
I just spent the past month or so doing research on brakes (pads and rotors) and settled on EBC Yellowstuff and their USR Slotted Rotors. Both are "reputable" products with good longevity, aggressive performance, and they're both cost effective. I got the combo for $509 shipped. Yours will be a bit less since you have smaller rotors up front. I've heard some negative things about Hawk. Rotors are usually a toss up. EBC seems to have some good stuff, though. Good luck!

·
Registered
6,778 Posts
We sell mostly EBC, but I'm going to be impartial here as I have done tons of research on them. HPS are good pads, but there are some complaints on a squeal.

In regards to EBC, yellows are great for both performance and long lasting. Their only downfall being a street/track pad is that they do dust fairly more than a ceramic like the RedStuff.

·
Registered
211 Posts
I tested many brakes pads and rotors since I keep "destroying" them on the track. First, I have to say that both Powerslot slotted and EBC slotted/dimpled rotors are a very good choice if you want to stay OEM size and want the maximum performance. I installed the Centric OEM replacement at the beginning of the car's life and I warped them in the first month, so I decided to give a try to the EBC's rotors and really liked them. But until after a spirited driving night, I decided to go to a carwash while the rotors were still too hot and the cold water has warped them right away...So after this big mistake, I installed the Powerslot rotors and since then, they're still perfect even after many abuses on the track.

I also tested the Akebono "performance" pads and it was worst than the OEM one! I replaced them with the Hawk HPS and they perform pretty good for a street pads. As for the EBC redstuff, I had them on my other car and I was pretty satisfied with them. After 25k miles, I replaced them with Hawk HPS, as a comparison, I think the EBC redstuff can take a little bit more "abuses" but produces more dust on wheels than the HPS...So it belongs to you to decide what you really want, but you have already made good choices so far and both brands are good quality.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I tested many brakes pads and rotors since I keep "destroying" them on the track. First, I have to say that both Powerslot slotted and EBC slotted/dimpled rotors are a very good choice if you want to stay OEM size and want the maximum performance. I installed the Centric OEM replacement at the beginning of the car's life and I warped them in the first month, so I decided to give a try to the EBC's rotors and really liked them. But until after a spirited driving night, I decided to go to a carwash while the rotors were still too hot and the cold water has warped them right away...So after this big mistake, I installed the Powerslot rotors and since then, they're still perfect even after many abuses on the track.

I also tested the Akebono "performance" pads and it was worst than the OEM one! I replaced them with the Hawk HPS and they perform pretty good for a street pads. As for the EBC redstuff, I had them on my other car and I was pretty satisfied with them. After 25k miles, I replaced them with Hawk HPS, as a comparison, I think the EBC redstuff can take a little bit more "abuses" but produces more dust on wheels than the HPS...So it belongs to you to decide what you really want, but you have already made good choices so far and both brands are good quality.
Performance wise is it a big difference between stock and what you have now. And also in the future when you have to change your pads would you stay with HPS.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Well....I would stay with HPS in front and Redstuff for rear.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts