Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Bob's your UNCLE ...
2,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just noticed last night that the high-beam's on my car aren't activating when I pop the stalk forward ...

A bit of back story - right before my road trip back to Ontario, the dreaded DRL dash indicator had come up ... Not the biggest deal as far as things that could've gone wrong before a 4700km road trip (think Seattle WA to Buffalo NY).

I figured that since it doesn't seem to be a blown fuse, I just have to resolder some points in the DRL module, and I'd work on it once I got to my in-laws place (my father-in-law is a retired Electrical Engineer, and totally geeks out to wiring, soldering, tinkering in general).

The brights still worked about a week ago before the road trip ... Has anyone ever come across a situation like this ?

Embarrassingly, I haven't followed the advice I dish out to so many others and done a thorough search yet ... I admittedly "half-assed" searched the DRL light before the trip, but I'm kind of in the middle of working on my FX-R retro and just haven't had the time today to also look into the high-beams. So I definitely need to sort this out over the weekend, since I'd like to get the retro mounted onto the car sooner than later.

Have any of you run into inoperable HB's ? Didn't hit anything, no excessive water, but the DRL's cut out and about a week (or so) later the HB's won't fire.

·
Premium Member
428 Posts
on some honda DRL systems, blowing a high beam bulb can trigger the DRL fault light, if you have no DRLs and no highs, id check the bulbs first.

·
Bob's your UNCLE ...
2,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Those freakin' bulbs !!! The first burnt HB must've popped the DRL dash light and seeing one light up against the garage door made me think they were okay.

Had a peak at the bulbs, and sure enough, both are toast ;

1 - 5 of 5 Posts