Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
'06 V6 Coupe
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My headlights were getting all fogged up and hazy so I bought a 3M kit to clean them, but that just made it worse. Every time I wash, or it rains they get steamed up so I can only guess the seal is broke. My question is would it be easier to take them out and fix them (idk if I have to bake them or what), or should I just buy some blackhoused ones off eBay? Any advice would be appreciated.

Attachments

·
Registered
189 Posts
I actually have the same problem on my 2007. Problem is it's winter and Southern Ontario's winters right now are pretty brutal. So there has been a lot of threads on how to fix it, by taking the headlight off, leaving it to dry it the sun, and sealing it up with some sealant glue. If you are willing to spend a little more money then its a great chance to get new headlights. My suggestion is if you want the new headlights get em, and buy the extra sealant glue to make sure it doesn't happen to the new ones. Or if money is tight then just take off the headlight, let it dry or hairdryer the headlight. I've even heard of some people drilling two small holes into the bottom of the headlight and it reduces or fully stops the condensation of the headlight. I'm probably going to wait till summer or spring then do a retrofit on my original oem headlights and then seal it then. Which ever you want to go with.

·
Registered
24 Posts
did u change any bulbs recently? if you did, make sure they are seated properly.

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
I used the 3m kit on my car and I know it is a finicky product if you don’t get one step right then it will not come out right. The 3m kit is a good one and I wonder if you just did not do it right?

·
Banned
546 Posts
That is not an OEM unit...it's an aftermarket lamp with the labeling that it has "OEM Quality and Fitment". To the original poster: buy an actual OEM headlight. Unless you are retrofitting like a lot of us have done, then do not buy the aftermarket headlights. The adjustment screws on them are not as good of quality as OEM, and since the beam patterns are not as good either, you'll likely strip out the adjustment screw since the gears are not durable.

Do yourself a favor and search craigslist and eBay for ONLY OEM headlights...you'll be thankful you did. :thmsup:

·
Super Moderator
6,541 Posts
Sorry about that. But I was just showing an example. I have seen a pair of OEM headlights sold for $50 on ebay. You figure you already spent what.. $25 on the 3M kit?? You should just replace them.

·
'06 V6 Coupe
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yea I'm debating whether or not to try to blackhouse and retrofit them with the Mini H1's, and I know there's a bunch of DIY's out on here, but I just don't want to not know what I'm doing especially with the wiring and headlight assembly and whatnot.

·
BRWNFLSH now
6,649 Posts
It just looks like scratches on the outside to me. The Mother's powerball for head lights would fix that right up, in 15 minutes, without the need for sand paper.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts