Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey y'all i just bought these headlights, and i'm looking to pick up these LED bulbs to go in em, now my question is, for the switchback to work effectively will i need another bulb for the turn signals? it looks like i may also need to buy an 1157 bulb, maybe these? lemme know if im wrong, but ive read some posts on here and thats what it sounds like.

· Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
another thing tho, if the stock bulbs would somehow work with the switchback function, then i dont mind keeping them on if the only advantage of upgrading would be the LEDs. resistors seem like an absolute pain in the ass to install and i doubt anyone sells the relay harness things for our cars anymore

another note, i'm pretty slow when it comes to this stuff but, i just realized that the DRLs would be in use most of the time (giving the white light) which is NOT the 1157 bulb, and the amber is only needed for the turn signals - meaning i could leave the stock bulb in, right?

· Honda Enthusiast
I drive a BMW now. 🇩🇪
3,827 Posts
The DRL strip doubles as the DRL on those lights, so the switchback is internal. You only need to supply your choice of low and high beam bulbs.

· Super Moderator
4,513 Posts
A few things.

03-05 Accords in the US didn't have DRL

On the 06-07 the DRL was just the high beams on at lower intensity

The turn signal bulb on the 7th gen doubles as the parking light not DRL

Their video shows the lights in reverse. High beams are the inner bulbs and lows are the outers.

· Registered
07 Accord Sedan EX V6 Auto
818 Posts
You might need some custom wiring to make that work properly? As mentioned above, the DRLs on the 7th gen facelift work by feeding 6 volts to the high beams. It is possible to separate the circuits (the Inspire headlights have an independent DRL bulb), but I'm not sure how these lights would handle it.

· Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
A few things.

03-05 Accords in the US didn't have DRL

On the 06-07 the DRL was just the high beams on at lower intensity

The turn signal bulb on the 7th gen doubles as the parking light not DRL

Their video shows the lights in reverse. High beams are the inner bulbs and lows are the outers.
okay looked into it and i see that most LED high beam bulbs will force the DRL light to pop on or the lights to flicker - what's the method to get around this? i still want the white DRL so i believe i'll have to replace the high beam somehow, but im not sure how to make it work properly.

· Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I've seen people put LEDs in the highbeam and they didn't flicker but the DRL was like having full intensity high beam on all the time when the headlights weren't on.
what do you think the best course of action is? i’m assuming white halogen 9005s then, but i know they typically have a yellow tint from what i’ve seen on other posts. seems like a real pain in the ass so far

· Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Keep in mind that those "white" halogen don't last long at all. I used to run Sylvannia Silverstars before I knew any better and they lasted 6 months at best.
got some things to think about then. if the DRL really does run on full brightness i’ll probably just find a way to cut the high beam DRLs out as i’ve seen on here, since the sequential bar will be an additional DRL anyway. interesting

1 - 14 of 14 Posts