Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed that my headrest was positioned too far forward. I pulled the headrest toward the front of the car and it snapped back in the correct position. Apparantly the crash feature where the headrest moves forward when your body goes back in the seat is a design FAIL. The headrest sticks in the wrong position just by normal body weight.

·
Registered
607 Posts
...headrest was positioned too far forward. I pulled the headrest toward the front of the car and it snapped back in the correct position...
So it was too far forward and you fixed it by pushing it even more forward???:dunno:

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So it was too far forward and you fixed it by pushing it even more forward???:dunno:
Yes. You push it forward and what ever was binding and holding it in the 'too far forward position' resolves itself. You can then feel the lumbar area move forward into your back.

In my case the headrest stuck in the forward position.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
interesting...going to try this tomorrow

any pics please???

·
Registered
1,276 Posts

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
ok, so i just tried it out and it works... for anyone who might have triggered the system by landing on the back real hard, it can easily be returned to its position. thanks OP!

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts