Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was out of the country for about 5 months and got back yesterday to my car. It wasn't operated much after I left and sat the remaining months in the cold. Now, my heat only blows cold air and the heated seats don't warm up. The light on the switch goes on but it doesn't get any warmer. Any ideas? Is there something that controls both the heat and heated seats? Any help would be appreciated in this cold weather. Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
6,506 Posts
Those are 2 totally different things. The heated seats have nothing to do with getting heat inside the cabin. The heated seats run off electricity and the heat/air runs off the cooling system of the engine.

If the engine runs up to operating temp fine, 175 to 195F, and you've turned the temp dial to max, then it's either a stuck water valve by the firewall or blend door motor malfunction.

For the heated seats, there are 1 fuse under the driver's side and 1 relay behind the glove box involved you need to check. You should also check the switch for continuity. You will need a multimeter to troubleshoot. Use my guide, Seat heater DIY troubleshooting + heating pad replacement

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
I agree with t-rd, for the heat..check the control valve under the hood...center of the firewall.
Verify that it's moving, if not spray some silicone on it and see if it will move with a little help.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts