Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
**Brown**
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2006 V6 6speed with navi. Most mornings when I start the car, the heat does not work after the car is warmed up. I can go "70,80," all the way to "HI" and no heat comes out. Sometimes if I keep it at "HI" for a half hour or so, it will start working perfectly fine and I can adjust it to any temp and it works. On the other hand, sometimes I put it to "LO" and heat will come out.

My friend has a 2004 V6 6Speed with navi and his car does the same thing. Anyone else experianced this with the 7th gens? I'm thinking the motor which pulls the cable to the water valve on the heater core is acting up...

Any help is greatly appreciated.
Jeff

·
Registered
84 Posts
My car has done that for as long as I've had it. Typically, if I turn it all the way down to "Lo", let it run for a few seconds, then turn the A/C off, wait a second, then turn it back on and slowly step back up through the temp 1 degree at a time, it'll "kick in" and switch over to heat around 70 degrees. After that it works fine (until I stop the car).

Annoying, but I've gotten used to it. I guess it has something to do with the climate control computer reading the internal thermometer.

·
Texas Ground Pounder
1,032 Posts
I've actually had this happen before. I noticed a cable along the firewall that connected to a valve that looked to be for the heater core. I wiggled it a bit and haven't had a problem since. Apparently the cable got stuck a little. Check to see I it is moving when turning the heat on an off.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I have a 2006 V6 6speed with navi. Most mornings when I start the car, the heat does not work after the car is warmed up. I can go "70,80," all the way to "HI" and no heat comes out. Sometimes if I keep it at "HI" for a half hour or so, it will start working perfectly fine and I can adjust it to any temp and it works. On the other hand, sometimes I put it to "LO" and heat will come out.

My friend has a 2004 V6 6Speed with navi and his car does the same thing. Anyone else experianced this with the 7th gens? I'm thinking the motor which pulls the cable to the water valve on the heater core is acting up...

Any help is greatly appreciated.
Jeff
That is not normal. When my car is warmed up, usually after driving it about 2-3 miles, the heater works instantly. I never had any problem with my Accord V6 heater or AC. There are a few things that you should check: thermostat controlling the heater is bad, solenoid or water valve for the heater core is bad, or a blocked heater core. If the heat is barely warm, you may have a stucked open thermostat at the engine block. Check with the dealer to see if Honda has any recall on this, it may be a common problem for your model year.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts