Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, ive been wanting to get a Fujita Short Ram Intake, but i am worried about potential problems with it, my main concern is heat soak. I live in the greater Boston area. Ive read the SRI by Fujita (the I4 Auto) is a good one, but im trying to figure out if its the way to go in the area i live, i drive realitivly hard and want something to give my car that extra umph.

Any opinions on the SRI itself awesome, but im looking more answers about heat soak and is it a huge factor? will it kill my engine?

Thank ahead of time!
Hutch.

·
Sugar coating for you ..
6,119 Posts
No, I live in Texas where it gets a hell of a lot hotter than Boston. Don't expect anything too noticeable, it's going to sound like you've gained a lot but in reality it's very minimal. I can't say anything about Fujita though since I have K&N.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
but with heat soak, does it damage your engine at all? i want to be completly sure i wont have any problems or damages coming my way

·
Sugar coating for you ..
6,119 Posts
I've had mine for at least a year, no problems yet. Air is air, cool air is obviously better but outside air temperature isn't much cooler than engine bay temps, especially during the summer. I don't think I've ever heard of any problems associated with warm air damaging an engine, being it's hot itself. This is just my opinion though.

·
Registered
268 Posts
The head shield will help isolate it. Heat soak shouldn't damage your engine and I've never heard of anything like it, but once your engine bay temps get up in operating temp in the summer your basically going to loose the gains from the sri, if they are minimal as mentioned. Some argue that the cai draws air from closer to the ground where in the summer the pavement radiates hot air as well so the cai air isn't that much colder, just an argument. You could just put a drop in k&n in your stock system for a little better flow, plus a reusable filter to save some money in the long run.

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
Your engine get heat soak regardless if you have an intake or not. Take a 20 min drive and open your hood and touch something. Its all hot. So don't even worry about it.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Your engine get heat soak regardless if you have an intake or not. Take a 20 min drive and open your hood and touch something. Its all hot. So don't even worry about it.
lol encouraging the OP to burn himself now?

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
I don't know , I can go out open hood at place hand on IM for as long as I like , it generally only 105-115F depending on where you touch it . The gen8 intake runs pretty cool, unless your constantly stuck in traffic not moving i would not worry to much about it .

·
Low Gear
2,935 Posts
You are talking about taking in warmer air. Not exactly heat soak.

This is more like heat soak. When heat is transfered or absorb by another part of the car.

* My old Sentra SE-R Spec V

1 - 10 of 10 Posts