Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

Heated Door Mirror turns on by itself

3K views 15 replies 12 participants last post by  prairie 
#1 ·
Noticed this morning when I started the car that my car's heated door mirror were on without me pressing the buttom. It was 37 degrees outside. The manual doesn't say anything about heated mirror being automatic, anyone else have this?

#4 ·
I believe that refers to once you physically turn them on during a drive. When you turn off the car, it turns off period...it won't still be "on" when you start the car next time.

#5 ·
The heated mirrors do not come on alone, they come on with the rear defogger only. If the rear defogger indicator is lit, then you know it (and the heated mirrors) are still on.

#6 · (Edited by Moderator)
It's been quite cold here the past few days, and yesterday I noticed that my heated mirrors are staying on all the time even if the switch is off. Has anyone else noticed this? Is it temperature dependent? I have a 2014 EXL 4cyl.

I noticed the same thing and asked this question in an earlier post today. Mine stay on regardless of whether the button is on

#7 ·
stupid question on my end... I just bought a 2014 V6 and how do you turn heated mirrors on? or do they go on automatically when heat is called for by HVAC system??

#11 ·
How do you know they were on?

#13 ·
what button? I have not seen a separate button for heated mirrors, I was informed they go on when the rear defogger is selected. True????

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.