Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Clermont, FL
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just wanted to know if the heated swtich and heated left and right mirrors from a 2000-2003 acura tl would fit on my 1999 accord coupe, i have oem folding mirrors from factory.
mLFfjdDRU0sPEPi6BUXMalg.jpg
my mirrors looks like that.

- and just a quick question, did the 6th gen accord ever come with power folding mirrors?

·
Super Moderator
4,630 Posts
No idea about the fitment of mirrors off the top of my head. I'm sure it will require some minor modifications though to make it fit.

As for if they came with power folding mirrors, I'm going to say no, at least not that I'm aware of.

·
AC6DN
1,318 Posts
Canadan cars had heated option. My guess is that with the y-cable and drivers side multiplex (door switch thing), it would fit. This is a wild "a$$" guess...
Let us know if you do this...

·
Clermont, FL
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
the glass it self, not the whole mirror from 2000-2003 acura tl heated mirrors and switch is a direct match for 6th gen accords. But to do this retro fit you have to make sure that you accord mirrors look like this with this style:
door_mirror-SMHO0118.jpg
31BBJ2BGXAL.jpg
10887981_824056837637955_40158421_n.jpg
and the mirrors from the acura tl 2000-2003 have to look like this for a direct retro fit:
!B70kVM!CWk~$(KGrHqF,!jkEzKJ)vvZzBM1(7fmM6!~~0_35.JPG
acura-2000-tl-mirror.jpg
as for wiring all the switch and the mirrors need is a ground and a 12v power source.

·
AC6DN
1,318 Posts
Do I understand correctly, that one can swap just the mirror glass, and wire the connections? Not the hole mirror assembly?

I thought the multiplex units had some sort of LAN (early CANBUS) data link for control of the door, window and heated mirrors?

·
Clermont, FL
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes sir

1 - 6 of 6 Posts