Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Civic Crusher
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my drivers side heated seat light went out on the switch. Is it possible to fix? and if so what kind of bulb does it take?

·
Registered
42 Posts
mine just did the same thing what light in yours is out? my indicator that shows that it is on works, but the actual "hi" "low" and the little seat is burned out.

·
Civic Crusher
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
exact same thing, and my passenger one still works, its rather annoying

·
2016 Nissan Maxima Platnm
4,574 Posts
Use the SEARCH function. There are many discussions on replacing light bulbs in the dash buttons. Go to any Honda parts website and you will find the bulbs under Electrical/Switches. To avoid shipping charges, use the Honda eStore through Honda OwnerLink and have the bulbs shipped to your local dealer. The heated switches have three bulbs. One bulb for the button illumination and two for the on indicators. The bulb you are describing is the main button illumination bulb. Just pull the transmission trim panel up with your hand and replace the bulbs.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
lol someone should sticky this..

·
Civic Crusher
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
44 Posts
It's a fairly easy fix (just did mine last week). The bulb costs about $2-4 from the Honda dealer. Just pop the trim off that goes around your shifter, detach the clip from the bottom of the module, unscrew it from the trim piece, use a thin flat screwdriver and unscrew the bulb needed.

The part number you need is 35853 sda-a01

·
Super Moderator
10,064 Posts
I am always amazed by the questions:
1) How do I change a light bulb?
2) Where do I find Honda parts?
May I add a third classic question?

How many Accord owners does it take to change a light bulb? :D

·
BRWNFLSH now
7,511 Posts
They are obviously the weakest bulbs on the car. It's the only bulb that's gone out on my car so far.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts