Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Random venting post from a -30 degree Celsius day:

How does a car worth what I paid ('14 EXL) not have a heated steering wheel? Especially one shipped for Canadian winters!

I love my car but c'mon Honda!

·
Car so nice, bought twice
4,057 Posts
Gloves?

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Banned
13,101 Posts
Some Honda motorcycles have heated grips...."it's a lot like that." - Forrest Gump

·
Enjoying Life!!!
55 Posts
There's quite a few upgrades that could of come on cars, but still don't and they probably don't even cost much.

as stated gloves or buy a car that has everything you want.

·
Rhymes with **** & Quick
1,314 Posts
Do Accord's competitors offer heated steering wheels, i.e., Focus, Altima, Camry, Passat, Sonata, Optima? Even on most luxury cars it is not a standard feature, rather a separate option.

My previous car had this feature and I used it just a few times. It is not as useful as heated seats.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Kia Forte has them. The thing is though with Accords and Civics even going over to touch screens - they do not work with gloves. It's been -30 quite a lot here and it is no fun driving without gloves - it takes a long time for the car to warm up, the steering wheel even more. (Lets not mention the TSX's manual shifter - its freekin freezin.). So heated wheels are becoming more important. But most Acura's don't have heated steering wheels - so there's no way then that the Hondas will.

·
2013 EX-L V6-6MT
348 Posts
Do Accord's competitors offer heated steering wheels, i.e., Focus, Altima, Camry, Passat, Sonata, Optima? Even on most luxury cars it is not a standard feature, rather a separate option.

My previous car had this feature and I used it just a few times. It is not as useful as heated seats.

I'm pretty sure a lot of the Hyundai cars have this. They have a lot of bells and whistles and long warranties. It's the only way they can compete.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

·
Don't hate on my color!!
1,842 Posts
I'm pretty sure a lot of the Hyundai cars have this. They have a lot of bells and whistles and long warranties. It's the only way they can compete.
Exactly!!

A heated steering wheel is a luxury/full-size car feature (Impala, Cadenza, Azera, Avalon), not a CamCordTima feature yet.

·
Registered
481 Posts
I wish at least the EX-L model came with heated steering wheel, we had one in our BMW X3 and was great. But yes, not as important as heated seats. I would never-ever buy leather seats that were not heated. I live in Northern NJ, no way Jose

PS: This late fall weather sucks, winter doesn't arrive for a few more days. But supposed to be 50-60's in NJ this weekend

·
Don't hate on my color!!
1,842 Posts
PS: This late fall weather sucks, winter doesn't arrive for a few more days. But suspposed to be 50-60's in NJ this weekend
Good! I am going to NJ this weekend to visit my friends. I heard they've gotten a truckload of snow over the last week, so maybe some of it will melt!

·
Registered
171 Posts
Didn't have to mention you're Canadian, bud. We knew. :banana:

Where's my air conditioned steering wheel for 105 degree Fahrenheit days here in TX?
That would be so cool.

·
Registered
4,223 Posts
The Accord obviously doesn't come with a heated steering wheel. Therefore it is what it is.

·
Car so nice, bought twice
4,057 Posts
Didn't have to mention you're Canadian, bud. We knew. :banana:

Where's my air conditioned steering wheel for 105 degree Fahrenheit days here in TX?
THIS. Canadians are such wus...you can deal with being cold by putting more clothes on. When it's hot you can't take your skin off. :D :D

Is the point though that it's uncomfortable to grab a cold steering wheel, or are you looking for your steering wheel to heat your hands up from being outside?

·
Super Moderator
7,849 Posts
THIS. Canadians are such wus...you can deal with being cold by putting more clothes on. When it's hot you can't take your skin off. :D :D

Is the point though that it's uncomfortable to grab a cold steering wheel, or are you looking for your steering wheel to heat your hands up from being outside?
It's for the same reason people prefer heated leather seats.

Do we need heated leather seats? Of course not, but do we want heated seats? Heck yes.

The original owner of the Civic my sister bought converted all the seats from fabric to leather, but didn't spend a few extra bucks to put in the seat heating elements, so she now puts a bath towel on the seats. :lmao:

1 - 20 of 84 Posts