Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
are we there yet
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 98 accord heater controls are stuck on panel. Will not switch air flow to feet or defrost or any other setting. The hot to cold works fine and the AC comes on when you push any button that includes defrost but the air flow stays on the dash panel vents. Any one know where to start?

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Start with checking fuse 3 in the drivers side panel and fuse 13 in the passenger side panel. If they are both good then the control panel may be bad.

·
are we there yet
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Fuses are good. Haynes manual tells how to do self diagnostic on the heater controls.
Mine flashes twice indicating a mode control motor problem. However it does not say where the mode control motor is. Anyone know where it is or have any pics?
Thanks

·
Registered
1,279 Posts

·
are we there yet
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Found it. Thanks for the diagram. Motor seems to run ok. Put power to terminal 1 and ground to terminal 2 per Haynes manual and it runs. Going to Salvage yard to try to find a control panel.
Thanks for the help!

·
are we there yet
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Last update - hopefully. Put in used control panel and installed wiring harnesses.
Same problem. Went under the dash while a helper pushed the panel buttons and discovered that the motor was stuck at the bottom which happens to be the panel or dash vents. With a little help the motor turned and moved to new position. i took the clips off the arms and moved everything by hand and it seems to move freely. So now I am assuming I have a weak motor and I'm off to the salvage yard next weekend. Avoiding the Panel setting until then.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts